PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

It's indeed a Micron full system. The slip-on was also available separately. Sadly the reason you haven't been able to find it is because Micron is no longer in business...

Ohhhh!!! That is not god news about Micron! That gently curved muffler is very subtle classy! I don't find anything like it. The traditional cans are just that - cans! Straight cans... Don't look as classy...
Papa - you've now got a very nice unique thing going with your bike. I'll have to raise my offer $2.
Just kidding! --- I know you are sensitive about suggestions of selling your baby.

You are indeed lucky if you are able to find a Micron full system esp that slip on. I was one of the 1st

6169341554_a056274849_b.jpg

Just figured I would update a bit.

Comping up on 28K on this bad boy. The last two seasons have not panned out to nearly what I would have liked, did around 3500 last year and almost 5K this year. Not done this year though.

Just been doing my thing, put another 110 on it today. Still love this bike like the day I got it lol! Only down side is this set of PP3's is damn near dead so I'll have to get some fresh rubbers over the winter Lmao.

Looks like the season here is about over. I still need to install my heated grips but unless it warmed up more, it's getting into the dangerous "black ice" season here. ;) They are both tucked and plugged in right now. I just to the top off the tanks after adding some Stabil. Sad times.....

I haven't tried it, I don't know what it is. When I get home I will watch the video.

Getting super cold here too. Mine is always plugged in in my garage but stabil is coming soon.

Where do you get that quick shifter? Is that the dynojet one which you'd need the ignition module for?

Since my last posts I have added a GPR V4 steering stabilizer which I am in love with, and swapped to a black front wheel. Getting the rear gold one powder coated black in a couple weeks. Also my pilot power threes are basically shot so I am going to give some bridgestones a try and go with the T30 rear and S20 front combo.

Is Ivan's ecu flash worth doing? I may take a ride down there and have him do it for me if he is willing to do it on the spot. Really curious about that one. Coming up on 29k miles woot woot!

Where do you get that quick shifter? Is that the dynojet one which you'd need the ignition module for?

Since my last posts I have added a GPR V4 steering stabilizer which I am in love with, and swapped to a black front wheel. Getting the rear gold one powder coated black in a couple weeks. Also my pilot power threes are basically shot so I am going to give some bridgestones a try and go with the T30 rear and S20 front combo.

Is Ivan's ecu flash worth doing? I may take a ride down there and have him do it for me if he is willing to do it on the spot. Really curious about that one. Coming up on 29k miles woot woot!

You'd love the results of the Flash Geno. Just be sure to call ahead of time and work out with him the day and time your going. I'm super glad I did the flash on mine. Totally different bike when your done.

Got my rear wheel powder coated, looks epic all black. Also dug my stock windshield out of my basement and painted it gloss black and it looks killer on there. New tires feel awesome, like the profile. S20 Evo front and T30 rear bridgestones. Getting Ivan's flash done in two weeks!

Pics. Tires only have 7 miles on them in this pic.

Attachments

• 20150521_104135.jpg
    20150521_104135.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20150521_104316.jpg
    20150521_104316.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20150521_104301.jpg
    20150521_104301.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 79
I read this entire thread over the course of two nights and am excited for my build! I purchased an FZ1 last month and am doing a build like Papa.

Already on the FZ:
Two Brother's Exhaust
CRG levers
Integrated taillight
Frame sliders

Parts ordered and received so far:
CD Speed Screen
Sent the rad caps to CD for painting to match the rest of the fairings
Driven D3's
HotBodies Front Signals
Rear Spools
Frame Plugs

On order:
PC3
Sprockets
Chain
front and rear rotors
Penske 8983

I'm debating on starting a new thread, but I've enjoyed reading this story and learning from everyone's experiences!

20160303_123628.jpg

Back