OK, I'm Done.

you guys are evil.... I just said I'm done then you give me all this extra stuff....

Indicators are a possibility, I was looking at these before. I do like the Rizoma and the Yamaha ones. I'd get a good deal on the Yami ones from my local dealer too......
<SNIP>

If you do get them, do your self a favour and buy a LED flasher unit. The resistors that come with the Yamaha LEDs put too much load on the stock flasher circuit.

If you hit your hazard lights with 4 Yamaha LEDs and resistors connected, they overload the circuit and fail to come on.

I bought an LED flasher unit on EBay and threw the resistors in the bin.

OK, so I lied,

I've since added LED indicators and EBC front wave rotors.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 20150316_174250.jpg
    20150316_174250.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 20150203_175719.jpg
    20150203_175719.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 135
OK, so since I last posted here, I have made more mods. It's true, you can always find something more to do.

rad guard
quick shifter
LED indicators
DID gold chain

got rid of the EBC rotors and bought some nice Italian Braking front rotors.

This time I won't say I'm done with the modifications...

The EBC rotors got a spray of water from a car going through a puddle the other way after a hard twisty section with lots of heavy braking (they were hot) and got warped. They were mostly OK, but at light braking in the city leading up to traffic lights they pulsed which didn't give me confidence in the hills. I tried to fix them, but it was too hard so now they are now hanging on the shed wall as expensive jewellery. The Braking ones perform better then the EBC ones anyway. I'll try Galfer or Brembo rotors if I ever need to replace these, but would definitely buy Braking again, they are very nice rotors.

It seems like a giant waste of money, but especially.....

As it stands now, I think I have finally finished modifying the bike. It's awesome to ride & I can't see anything else I'd change. I did think about the indicators, but the stock ones don't bother me, so I'm leaving them on.

List of mods

Micron GP slip on (replaces GYTR Carbon exhaust)
ASV shorty black levers
tail tidy
Abarth decal kit
Marchesini Rims
Rizoma Conical Bars & short risers
Rizoma Lux grips (red)
Rizoma red bar ends (into custom tapped mounts)
Brembo GP4-RX front calipers
Rizoma mirrors (744)
R1 Brembo MC with Rizoma naked mirror adapter
Rizoma fluid reservoir with Rizoma mounting bracket
Hell braided lines (red)
Speedo Healer
Ohlins rear shock
Ohlins 206 forks
PC V
BMC high flow air filter
Rizoma rearsets
Arrrow Headers
GYTR rear cowl
Ivan's ECU
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II

Nevill Lush Dyno-tune (3 times due to re-mapping after major changes to intake/exhaust etc)
Racebike Services Suspension tune

Here's some pics

It seems like a giant waste of money, but especially.....

Micron GP slip on (replaces GYTR Carbon exhaust)
ASV shorty black levers
tail tidy
Abarth decal kit
Marchesini Rims
Rizoma Conical Bars & short risers
Rizoma Lux grips (red)
Rizoma red bar ends (into custom tapped mounts)
Brembo GP4-RX front calipers
Rizoma mirrors (744)
R1 Brembo MC with Rizoma naked mirror adapter
Rizoma fluid reservoir with Rizoma mounting bracket
Hell braided lines (red)
Speedo Healer
Ohlins rear shock
Ohlins 206 forks
PC V
BMC high flow air filter
Rizoma rearsets
Arrrow Headers
GYTR rear cowl
Ivan's ECU
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II

It seems like you wanted an R1 but could not afford it.

What part of his mods tells you he wanted an R1? It looks like he wanted an FZ1 with cosmetic upgrades, good suspension & brakes and a smooth running engine.

I had no interest in an R1 and had I bought one I would have done a lot of the same mods. I didn't want a hunched over R1, I wanted a bike I can ride to work and also take for a blast through the hills.

I had no interest in an R1 and had I bought one I would have done a lot of the same mods. I didn't want a hunched over R1, I wanted a bike I can ride to work and also take for a blast through the hills.

WERD.

Also I just realized you are from Adelaide, a good friend of mine met his wife there and they both live here in San Diego, they named their daughter Adelaide, or Addy for short.

WERD.

Also I just realized you are from Adelaide, a good friend of mine met his wife there and they both live here in San Diego, they named their daughter Adelaide, or Addy for short.

Adelaide is a nice place, where I live I am at the beach in 15 minutes and in the hills in 10 minutes and I can ride all year round. Love it.

Back