OK, I'm Done.

As it stands now, I think I have finally finished modifying the bike. It's awesome to ride & I can't see anything else I'd change. I did think about the indicators, but the stock ones don't bother me, so I'm leaving them on.

List of mods

Micron GP slip on (replaces GYTR Carbon exhaust)
ASV shorty black levers
tail tidy
Abarth decal kit
Marchesini Rims
Rizoma Conical Bars & short risers
Rizoma Lux grips (red)
Rizoma red bar ends (into custom tapped mounts)
Brembo GP4-RX front calipers
Rizoma mirrors (744)
R1 Brembo MC with Rizoma naked mirror adapter
Rizoma fluid reservoir with Rizoma mounting bracket
Hell braided lines (red)
Speedo Healer
Ohlins rear shock
Ohlins 206 forks
PC V
BMC high flow air filter
Rizoma rearsets
Arrrow Headers
GYTR rear cowl
Ivan's ECU
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II

Nevill Lush Dyno-tune (3 times due to re-mapping after major changes to intake/exhaust etc)
Racebike Services Suspension tune

Here's some pics

Attachments

• DSC01232.jpg
    DSC01232.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC01228.jpg
    DSC01228.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 364
  • DSC01227.jpg
    DSC01227.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC01226.jpg
    DSC01226.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
I went for a quick 25 minute squirt up the Belair Rd in my lunch break today. Have a long ride planned with my brother this weekend, then the Great Ocean road to the island.

That's one thing I love about this city. Less than 15 minutes from your driveway and you're in the hills & carving great roads.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 167
Cheers, I basically copied the Abarth where I could, the exhaust isn't available & isn't properly hung on the Abarth, so I went with Micron, the best pipe I've seen other than the HP Corse.

I went as far as contacting Akro about the exhaust on the Abarth bike. It is available but VERY costly. Here is the info I got back from them:

We do offer and race system for this bike, please see the link below for details. The part number is S-Y10R8-RC and retails for $1609.95 US.

Great looking bike, you did a bang up job. Are you using stock FZ1 forks or did you do a R1 conversion?

You could always bore it out"?

Not on the planned list, I was talking to one of the guys at Yamaha World who has put the R1 cams set in his & loves it, he hasn't done the ECU flash though.

Great job Dicko!! Have you weighed your bike ?

Thanks, I haven't weighed it yet, I might go to the local shipping place and see if they'll let me ride onto their scales for a beer or two.

I went as far as contacting Akro about the exhaust on the Abarth bike. It is available but VERY costly. Here is the info I got back from them:

We do offer and race system for this bike, please see the link below for details. The part number is S-Y10R8-RC and retails for $1609.95 US.

Great looking bike, you did a bang up job. Are you using stock FZ1 forks or did you do a R1 conversion?

Those are the Ohlins 206 forks for the R1. I didn't know they did the Abarth exhaust, Hmmm. Probably shouldn't have seen that. Mustn't.... spend.....more....money...... Doing that will cost me more as I'd stick it back on the dyno for another tune after installing them.....

Gps tracker with its own battery installed and it won't be at the track. It'll be locked up at the house with cover on. I'll make sure the Dukati is easier to get than mine.

Awesome bike looks sharp. Ummm have you seen Helmut's turbo system that he is going to be selling systems soon ........................ :innocent:

you guys are evil.... I just said I'm done then you give me all this extra stuff....

Indicators are a possibility, I was looking at these before. I do like the Rizoma and the Yamaha ones. I'd get a good deal on the Yami ones from my local dealer too......

Awesome bike looks sharp. Ummm have you seen Helmut's turbo system that he is going to be selling systems soon ........................

Yep I've seen Helmut's Turbo and his insane video too. We have nice twisty roads and no AutoBarn where I live and the local track is best suited to 600 sport bikes, so I've no need for the turbo. BUT if I were to tide up to the Northern Territory where they have loooooooooooooong straight roads with no speed limit, well then it may be an option, but not likely.

Took her for a 3 and a half hour ride this morning through the hills and loved the bike just the way it is.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    236.4 KB · Views: 87
Back