Official YZF Makeover Thread

+ 4 on the impact gun for the sprocket. It will hit it so hard and fast it will zing right off.
you could pop it in gear also. Im sure you knew that. If you dont have an impact gun then put your 1/2 drive breaker bar on it and apply pressure just enough to take the slack out and hit the end of the breaker bar with intent to loosen it faster than the crank has a chance to rotate..

I tried the breaker bar and bought the impact wrench. I even had a 3 foot cheater bar on it, and a pipe through the wheel and swingarm. The IW, zap! It was off.

Clean? CLEAN ??

Clean ? Billy is the master . . . . one of the best. When I went to pick up his 'baby' back in October, he had it all cleaned up for me. Believe me, I love to clean things up. (Clorox Cleanup is my all time favorite house-hold cleaner.) So, I like finding dirt, grime, and greasy places. My wife say's I'm ANAL. Maybe so. I just like thing's clean and right.
As I did my pre-purchase inspection walk around, look around, I could'nt find any dirt. NONE. This particular FZ was pristine ! Everything was as he said it was, and it was clean to boot . . .we all know that say's alot about an owner. It's a love thing. Some people just don't understand. As we loaded it up into my trusty Dodge truck, he and Richie were wiping our fingerprints off of her as I worked on securing the tiedowns !!

After the trip home, in an open pickup truck bed, (I posted pics), it was still clean. In fact, as I was showing my lovely wife the FZ that I had bought she thought it was new ! Nope, it's ten years old. Just looks NEW, and clean.

Now, she has never met Billy but she told me, she appreciate's men who keep their possession's clean and shiny. (I know that's why she like's me, heh,heh)

Billy is the MASTER . . . . . put a WHITE tee shirt on him and a GOLD earring in his ear and cross his arms, , , ohh, add a little, smile and WALA !! Mr. CLEAN himself . . . .:worship:

Last edited:
I wanted to move things along by doing some small stuff in the house. (The benefits of being divorced!) So I brought up my paint marker that I was going to use on the FZ1 and never got around to it. Me likey!!

IMG_2683.jpg

I have two more sides to do once they dry. The marker is made specifically for tires and is supposed to last a long time. Being that I don't ride in the rain it should last even longer.

I did a set off tbe rim one time and the goo they used when mounting them took some paint off and i had to touch them up. Maybe you can get your tire guy to be gentle with them.

I did a set off tbe rim one time and the goo they used when mounting them took some paint off and i had to touch them up. Maybe you can get your tire guy to be gentle with them.

I thought of that beforehand. The guy who mounts my tires knows that I use DynaBeads so he only uses a tiny amount of soapy water and only on the bead itself. If anything I'll touch them up before putting them on the bike. Thanks bud!

There are horror stories of that pipe or 2x4 taking a chunk out of that swingarm

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

The impact wrench is definitely the way to go when removing this particular nut. I have already sprayed some PB Blaster on it so I think it will come off with no issue. I have heard stories about pipes and 2x4's as well.

Mmmhhhh , , , ,

That came out really good Billy! I bet your FZ1 would have looked good with the red as well since you already had a few red accents on it.

Mmmhhmhhhm, , , I need that ! Must resist , , , must resist , , , , ,more , ,,more , , , , dang , ,, more 'sexy'-red to accent the existing red trim , ,, , must resist harder ,, ,,AAgggggh ( Billy, your tires do look fantastic ! )

Ok , , I give up. Billy, where did you get the pretty RED tire paint ? I must have some . . . . it will go so perfectly with the red rim stripes you installed.
thnx, Tony , , , , , I think

Mmmhhmhhhm, , , I need that ! Must resist , , , must resist , , , , ,more , ,,more , , , , dang , ,, more 'sexy'-red to accent the existing red trim , ,, , must resist harder ,, ,,AAgggggh ( Billy, your tires do look fantastic ! )

Ok , , I give up. Billy, where did you get the pretty RED tire paint ? I must have some . . . . it will go so perfectly with the red rim stripes you installed.
thnx, Tony , , , , , I think

Thanks guys. Gary, I'll have to look into my Ebay archives to check and then I'll send you the link. They came out great. The paint is really good stuff.

Once you get that part order from PartShark you'll be pretty much set :)

Exactly. Thats the important one but because I kept adding to it I kept moving the arrival date further ahead. It takes 3 to 5 business days for them to get the items and then another 3 or 4 days for me to receive the package. The good thing is that I can pretty much get the bike back together with what I have at this time.

Back