Next Yamaha Project???

I discovered in my box-O-RZ parts that I have all the parts to rebuild the swing. Off it comes, and to the power coaters.

Below are pitted linkage arms. They are good enough as new ones are $60 each.

<<EDIT>>

Make that $96.00 each!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After several days of soaking in WD40 I managed to get the rear wheel bearing out. Nasty...

That said, the new swingarm bushing drove out the new swingarm bearings...back to square one...Canadians...

Honestly...that is media from the powder coaters. They forgot to remove the old bearsing before blasting the wheel.

New OEM bearings are ready to be installed.

View attachment 16278

Oh, Woodcraft clip-ons arrived today. Sunday I hope to make some progress. I really want this thing to be a roller again. Currently on stands...It may spend the winter outside. After all, it is Canadian...:wilynily:

sorry

After several days of soaking in WD40 I managed to get the rear wheel bearing out. Nasty...

That said, the new swingarm bushing drove out the new swingarm bearings...back to square one...Canadians...

Honestly...that is media from the powder coaters. They forgot to remove the old bearsing before blasting the wheel.

New OEM bearings are ready to be installed.

View attachment 16278

We only have so much grease up here, and we need it to spread on ourselves to keep from freezing to death. I have slightly thicker skin so I can save enough to lube my bearings.:p

You need to get some duplicolor caliper paint for the rear brake to match that Purdy red rim.

Coming together nicely.

Sent from: GS4

Thanks. However the caliper pistons are so rusted I think I'll see if I can find a nice replacement. As by the time I buy pistons, seals, and have it blasted I'm sure I can find a nice used one.

Damn that's beautiful! I Love that bike! I haven't seen wheels that pretty since I picked my 86' up from the dealer way back then.

Does the bike not have a chain slider? Might be an idea. The swing arm vs chain looks awful close.

It's really handy. I wish I had another one of them.

I bought a set of car dollies today to place under the front wheel.

Back