Next Yamaha Project???

This weekend I hope to rebuild the forks, front brakes and install the new tires.

Tony I agree with you about the stock pipes. I'm going to clean them up and use them.

My Yamabits order is due today so I can begin the process of replacing rotted rubber too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I would love a link to those grips, they would be perfect for the FZ600! I've got some basic diamond pattern Renthal race grips on now and they look very era correct but OEM is even better!

It begins. ..

qe3ybude.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Pete! How come you bought 2 front tires pal???!!! :rofl:

Kidding of course, but on a side note. A friend of mine bought the Harbor Freight Sand Blaster and says he's in love with it. He did his entire 67 Honda Frame with it, right down to bare metal with ease. I figured I'd pass that along to you.

Yeah they are pretty small tires! The front is a 90/90 18, the rear is 110/80 18. The rear currently has a 120/90 and it has rubbed a whole through the rear plastic fender!

I weighted the front tires and the new Avon is 2 pounds lighter than the Skinko that came off.

The tires should really help the feel of the bike. In addition to the Avons begin lighter, they also have more of a triangular shape, where as the Skinkos are squarer, and flatter.

On the fork not only am I stuck getting the damper liner out, but the parts supplier sent two pairs of dust seals, instead of fork seals and dust seals.

Oh, and the darn front wheel bearing will not come out.

This thing is kicking my butt!

It's a project, right?

They all turn into projects pal, some harder than others. If you have new wheel bearings, I'd just hit the old ones with the dremel and be done with them. If you just "score" them easily, they'll "snap" when the tension loosens up and you should be able to pull them out with some needle nose pliers.

Pete, as you know, even the little TTR-125 is offering up challenges for me as well. I'm still going to use the welded idea to give a drift more purchase.... that will complete the head rebuild. Just have not been working on it as it isn't priority.

This looks to be a bit more challenging but we all know you are up to the task. You, Tony, Billy and several others here just push through it and achieve amazing results!

Good to hear you're making some progress. I wasn't able to do much last week as the heat was just unbearable here on the East Coast and Saturday I decide to ride the YZF1000 instead of work on the RZ350. Now that I saw your post about your grips, mine came in a swell so I'll probably get those on and finish off the handle bars today.

Keep it going! I find it amusing that bike's rear is the same width as my wife's Ninja 250's front. I thought the 110/70-17 and the 130/70-17 were small. I know, different time. I'm sure it will be better with stock tire size and no Stinkos.

:icon_beer: :Rockon:

Dropped the front wheel off at the powder coaters. Hopefully this weekend the end will be completed; brakes, fork.

Looking forward to seeing it back together! I have been to damn busy to make any progress on my RZ, but at least I got to ride the YZF last Saturday :D

Beautiful

You have my old bike right there! I loved that thing, and it is one of only two bikes that I have owned and regretted selling. I look forward to seeing this beauty when you are done!

Back