Next Yamaha Project???

BDazzler

That would look great next to a Kenny Roberts version. What a pair that would make. I'm excited to see another RZ350 in the forum family. It needs a license plate that somehow says "MOSQUITO FOGGER", but I don't know how to fit it on a plate.

Bring 2-strokes back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hellgate

Well the seller agree to my initial offer. If I decide to do this I'll need to work out shipping details.

He's bring the bike from Canada to Minneapolis so that will by pass customs.

In Oklahoma you can make a YZ street legal as long as it has lights, mirrors and a horn. In fact there is no inspection at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Sweet! This will be a fun project! Priceline a truck rental for dirt money, fly up, load it in the truck and drive back to OKC. :D

Hellgate

I just bought an RZ! Should be here in two weeks or so.

I spoke with the seller, nice guy from Manitoba, like, you know, ehh?

New tires, new brakes, new top end, 100% original OEM. A few cracks in the body work but nothing I can't fix.

He did say there is a noise from the transmission, I suspect it is either crank or rod end bearings. No biggie. Once full day and the entire motor can be rebuild once machining is done.

I checked with Progressive and liability will be about $75 a year.

I can see updating the suspension with Tech Race, find a shock, clean her up, and fix what is broken.

Now I just need to get the XV finished. Come on machine shop!

NJFZ1

Nice score Pete! Nice thing about the F2 bikes is that they were more "refined" than say my 31k '84 model. Plus Yamaha changed some stuff along the way so upgrading is easier. For example you can bolt on better front calipers from a later model Yamaha FZR400, FZR1000, etc.

By the way I have a Fox shock that I can sell you. It may need a rebuild, but it doesn't leak and the remote reservoir still has a charge. I was going to use it, but then I bought the new Koni.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Paper work arrived today. Technically I "own" the bike now.

Oddly Canadian "titles" aren't. The is no national system, but they are done by province, and each is different, but there is no "title" per say. Only insurance, inspection and some other form.

The good thing about Oklahoma is there are no State run DMVs. They are called "Tag Agencies" and are franchises. They are operated by zit faced kids, and they still use "green" font computers.

On Monday I'll take it down and see if the "title" transfer can begin. The good thing is I have proof of insurance within the US so maybe this will go smoothly? If not I'll send it to Maine the transfer to OK.

I suspect that the OK thing will go fine as when we bought my wife's GZ250, the PO had not paid off the loan, but we were able to title it in our names!!! Crazy...

I have a feeling this will go fine as Progressive didn't bat an eye at the VIN. Flo rocks.

:popcorn: