New Yamaha Project???

New Yamaha XV920RJ (Seca) Project???

I've wanted one of these since 1983. This was an underdog Battle of the Twins bike. Uses the rock reliable Virago 920 motor.

Oh I have plans for this one!!! THIS is a REAL Cafe Racer, not this mumbo-bumbo BS "Cafe Racer" crap people are doing with POS bikes.

I see an R1 front end, Dunstall flat seat, fender, etal. Tweak from 65hp to 80hp. Oh yes.

View attachment 12157

Last edited:
Well so far I'm making money on this project. I called Progressive to add the bike, $15.00 a year. With the multibike discount I'm refunded $7.00!

:rofl:

Just bought one

I had always wanted one of the "Europeon" chain-drive XVs & finally found one this Summer. I thought about hot-rodding it (carbs, exhaust, etc.) but I find myself just wanting to ride it just as it is. (Oh yeah, I fixed the starter drive)I ride it almost exclusively...the FZ left in the garage.

Thanks for the info. Did you have the shock body rebuilt?

The more I've been fork shopping I may just do FZ1 Gen1 fork and triple clamp. That way I get a larger, stiffer , more adjustable fork, yet keep the traditional look.

Did you have any luck finding an exhaust? I may just buy some period Kerker cans and convert the existing system.

Today I was looking at the Yamaha parts fiche and parts can be far and few.

Regardless this will be a fun project.

Bike arrives tomorrow morning.

First mod on the way, '81 YZ125 Aluminum Swingarm...$14.99 shipped!

My goal is to mod using only Yamaha parts from Ebay or CL. The exception will be consumables; Chain, Sprockets, Brake Pads, Cables, etc.

I can't wait to see your bike coming together.

I was looking at the list of vehicle my boss own today, I did notice one of them is a 1970 CB750. I'll ask him next time I see him when the bike is coming my way. I won't mind taking that one for a ride or event buying it from him.

Back