New Yamaha Project???

Male Weather Pac on.

196d728fc977a82a254d6829cbff5738.jpg

After another chat with the guys at Revival I built and installed a dedicated M-Unit ground wire. I also realized I used the wrong gauge for the blue wire. I used 1.5mm, should have used 2.5mm. Oops.

I also picked up the 3 button M-Switch today too.

Tonight I hope to wire up the coils and the ignition switch. Starter button/kill tomorrow?

bf952ae81a74a937c4c9ce524a909e8d.jpg

So I learned some more about the Motogadget system today.

The use an anology, the system is similar to a traditional desktop computer. The M-Unit is the tower, the M-Switchs are the keyboard inputs, the M-Button issue a daughter card (remember those?).

When an M-Switch button is pressed it sends a binary signal to the M-Unit. The M-Unit in turn tells whatever it is to do something. The signals are a negative signal! Once I learned that the simplified wiring all made sense. As a result large wires aren't needed like a traditional electoral system. Granted, the main power system, battery, alternator, stater, etc, all need to be traditionally sized. Other things can be smaller, horn, turn signals etc.

Motogadget is currently working in a Bluetooth based system that can be set up via a smart phone. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Oh I've been a metric guy for a very long time. English is silly. Oddly the US military is full metric.

I will admit I still struggle to get my head around kilos per hour and kilos per liter.

Kilos for distance I totally get. For measuring I only use milimeters.

Last edited:
Miles per gallon is a much better scale than any metric one but that's about all I like Imperial.

Compared to the moronic L/100 km, I agree. There's nothing wrong with km/L and I don't understand why we don't measure it that way.

It's quite common for Canadians (especially older ones) to think in inches, feet and pounds. I best understand MPG as well.

The Molex 2 pin and 3 pin mini, weather proof connections arrived today. These will be used within the headlight bucket from the M-Button to the switch gear and turn signals.

Auto sized Weather Pacs, and traditional Japanese bullets for comparison.

uploadfromtaptalk1447723270143.jpg

Ground for the right hand switch in place. One button will control the right turn signals. The other will double as kill and start. This thing is tricky to work with.

uploadfromtaptalk1447905424487.jpg

Back