New MT10

"The Tuono is strong in this one it is."

Looks like Yamaha has done it again. Another amazing bike!

Let's count the hits, Bolt, FZ7, FZ9, SR400, S10, R1, MT10.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the R6.

Dont forget about the Super Ten Pete !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing it is missing is a Center Stand.

I wonder why less and less bikes have those? I love mine, makes it so easy to work on and better for storage space.

The only thing it is missing is a Center Stand.

I wonder why less and less bikes have those? I love mine, makes it so easy to work on and better for storage space.

Purely an economic reason....they can probably shave $100 off the price by leaving off the stand. The market runs on price....customers are price sensitive and they will sell more bikes at 'X' without a stand than 'X plus $100' with a stand.

I agree a centerstand is a wonderful thing to have as it makes adjustment, maintenance, cleaning and storage a lot easier, but fewer and fewer bikes have them. That's too bad.

The absence of a centre stand is a particular issue with North America as well. The 919 and CBR6000 F4i come immediately to mind but I know there's been a bunch of other Japanese bikes that got centre stands as standard elsewhere but not in NA. I had to order the stand from the UK for my 919.

I guess it's an easy way to cut costs and decrease weight at the expense of convenience.

I might just have to test ride one ... more power, better electronics, a better engine ... Of course though, mine is paid for, has bags all mounted already (and a ram mount for the iPhone), and it's been to the bottom of the ocean and back - ok, ok ... so not the bottom of the ocean, but it WAS flooded. Not to mention the fact that the new bike is awful ugly - oh Come On! You know it just as well as I do - that all black color scheme looks like something a depressed Batman would ride (and when has Bruce ever NOT been depressed! Tony Stark is a MUCH better rich guy hero - that guy knows how to party!) But I digress ...

It sounds like a cool bike on paper, but looks ugly ... and mine is so, Paid For. Plus there's that whole 'Alaska Bike' thing I've got in the works. It's gonna be hard to house and pay for both a new 1190 Adventure AND a new FZ1 ... Motorcyclist problems ...

Not to mention the fact that the new bike is awful ugly - oh Come On! You know it just as well as I do - that all black color scheme looks like something a depressed Batman would ride (and when has Bruce ever NOT been depressed! Tony Stark is a MUCH better rich guy hero - that guy knows how to party!) But I digress ...

It sounds like a cool bike on paper, but looks ugly.

Agreed, but I find the FZ 07, FZ 09, FJ 09 all pretty ugly with lots of black plastic slathered around, and engine and frame parts hanging off, not like the FZ1 which still looks like a motorcycle. Every time I'm down at the Yamaha shop for a look see at their new bikes I realize how cheap they now look now. I'm sure they have to save dollars wherever they can, but they seem to only be doing about 80% of the work to make the machine look well finished.

Back