New member welcome thread...

Hi Guys,
Just bought a new 2008 FZ1 last Thursday. Had a DT200 dirt bike and CX500 road bike from '95, last rode anything around late 99. Had to ride the FZ1 30km home in the wet, first turn was over wet steel tram tracks, got home in one piece OK. Wife laid some heavy sh!t on me a few weeks ago and the only thing I could think of escaping with for a couple of hours, to clear my head even for just a while was a ride. Been going for some night rides around the street to get use to riding again. Looking at taking a few HART (Honda Australia Rider Training) courses to skill up again, want to stay healthy for the 3 kids we have.
A beautiful machine, started it up after a few wines and packet of smokes last Friday around 2.30 in the morning and just sat on it, neighbors were cool about it. Great Forum !!
.....Chris

Hi Chris, Welcome! I'm a relatively new member as well (joined in jan) and bought a brand new 08 in feb after a long break of about 8 years of no riding too.
Hope you enjoy these forums as much as I have so far. There's a great bunch of people here to chat with too.
Welcome

Hi Guys,
Just bought a new 2008 FZ1 last Thursday. Had a DT200 dirt bike and CX500 road bike from '95, last rode anything around late 99. Had to ride the FZ1 30km home in the wet, first turn was over wet steel tram tracks, got home in one piece OK. Wife laid some heavy sh!t on me a few weeks ago and the only thing I could think of escaping with for a couple of hours, to clear my head even for just a while was a ride. Been going for some night rides around the street to get use to riding again. Looking at taking a few HART (Honda Australia Rider Training) courses to skill up again, want to stay healthy for the 3 kids we have.
A beautiful machine, started it up after a few wines and packet of smokes last Friday around 2.30 in the morning and just sat on it, neighbors were cool about it. Great Forum !!
.....Chris

Welcome Chris! Glad to have you here. Congrats on your new ride. Just take it slow and you'll be just fine. It's like riding a bicycle, you never forget. The only difference is that this bike has over 120 horsepower! Post some pics when you can. Thanks.

Hi

My name is Loura as you might have guessed. I am a very happily married mom & grandmother.

Just bought a used 2006 FZ1 (red). Took it home & removed the big windscreen & Givi top box & mount and a good cleaning. She's my first liter bike.

I am a previous owner of 250 Honda Rebel, 600 Honda Shadow, Suzuki 200DR & current owner of soon-to-be-sold Suzuki DL650 Vstrom. (Yes I am 5'5" and yes, I ride that big a$$ bike.)

Talked my honey into learning to ride a few years ago (FJR & KTM) and also convinced the oldest son to ride as well (SV).

I am fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful states in the US, TN, with roads that are in pretty good condition mostly year round. Looking forward to exploring them all again with my FZ1. Especially the twisties!

Taking her home. (The long way of course)
small1.jpg

Loura-ized
small2.jpg

Welcome to the boards. That is one great looking FZ1. Lots of good info here. Even better people.
:welcome:

Now that is a proper introduction posts with photos and all! You are way ahead of the curve Loura!.

Hello

Hi peoples.
From downunder, and have had from new a Fz1N 2009 extreme yellow, lost count of the number of bikes over the years, but I can say I have been riding for 33 years, and have covered well inexcess of 1 million miles.
Love the Fz1, mods so far Yoshi (pipe slip on) a bazza's exup eliminator, pazzo long levers, speedo heeler, 16 tooth front sprocket, and fender eliminator and shinko tyres.
Still to come stormbuster hand guards, power commander, sub throttle plates, and scottoiler.
As I said love the bike, does everything, and does it easy.
My name is Michael, and have been there and done that.:australia:

Btw forgot to add, great site, good wealth of info, on all aspects.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm Mark from Oxford in the UK, not long had an FZ1 N and loving it. I stepped up from an FZ6 S2 after riding my mates FZ1 and falling instantly in love with it!!

Last edited:
Hi peoples.
From downunder, and have had from new a Fz1N 2009 extreme yellow, lost count of the number of bikes over the years, but I can say I have been riding for 33 years, and have covered well inexcess of 1 million miles.
Love the Fz1, mods so far Yoshi (pipe slip on) a bazza's exup eliminator, pazzo long levers, speedo heeler, 16 tooth front sprocket, and fender eliminator and shinko tyres.
Still to come stormbuster hand guards, power commander, sub throttle plates, and scottoiler.
As I said love the bike, does everything, and does it easy.
My name is Michael, and have been there and done that.:australia:

Btw forgot to add, great site, good wealth of info, on all aspects.

Hi all, I'm Mark from Oxford in the UK, not long had an FZ1 N and loving it. I stepped up from an FZ6 S2 after riding my mates FZ1 and falling instantly in love with it!!

Welcome Michael and Mark. Glad to have the both of you here as new members. Feel free to post some shots of your rides for all to see. Take care and ride safely!:tup:

welcome all you new joiners. :tup:
Enjoy your ride and show us/tell us your FZ1 travel stories...(and tell us whether you have a sofa and a parkingplace spare for a possible visit when travelling your area's)

Last edited:
I am a Texas native that has been living in Georgia (West Atlanta) for 20 years now. I was into bikes in college and after a 25 year absence in my life I bought a 1985 FJ1100. She lasted a year as my getting reacquainted steed and then I found a deal on a 2002 FZ1 (Stella) In September I will have owned Stella for a year.

My riding on the FJ was mostly commuting duties and a couple of nice long rides to and in the north Georgia mountains. (Longest ride on her was 250 miles.) With the addition of Stella I have put as many as 450 miles on in a day (again in the North Georgia Mountains, Skyway and Deals Gap. Wolf-pen Gap, Suches as destinations).

With some ridicule as my motivation I have sought to improve my twisty riding abilities and have read Total Control. I have improved but know I have much more room for improvement.

I am very lucky to call TheWolfTamer my close friend (I am now being told that she is my motorcycle wife) I guess that makes sense since I feel incomplete if she is not in the group that I am riding with, not to mention that we are starting to finish each others sentences and stuff. Through her I have met and ridden with several good riders. And am happy to call all of them good friends.

I am also a member on the FZ10A forum as well as SportTouring.net (new there too) and just recently attended the FZ10a annual rally at Fontana Village in South Carolina a stones through from motorcycle heaven (IMO). It was a great event and had a wonderful time riding with several of them. I even got to ride a new friends Gen 2 FZ1 that was all modded out. (Still like my Gen1 a tad better) but the gen 2 could easily become my next bike. )

Here is a picture of Stella and I last fall.
GEDC0255.JPG

Welcome Cruzman. I am sure that you will enjoy the group over here, we have heard your name (handle) a few times in wolf's posts.

He was pronounced my MotoHusband at the rally.

It's also unfortunate he doesn't know just how eFn flat South Carolina :hellno: is with very few mountains. We were in NORTH Carolina where they have a lot of mountains and stuff. (I read through all that and just now realized he copied and pasted from ST.N)

I've been telling him to join over here for at least six (already?) months now. I didn't tell him to join ST.N, he did that on his own.:scared0016:

Hello! New here, from MN saw the pic of the white FZ1N with Marchinese rims and full Ohlins sus. and I would like to get a bike thats more comfy then my CBR.

Hello! New here, from MN saw the pic of the white FZ1N with Marchinese rims and full Ohlins sus. and I would like to get a bike thats more comfy then my CBR.

Then You've come to the right place. With that set up it would be more expensive than your CBR, but definately more comfortable. I just bought the Ohlins rear for the bike and it is quite expensive. :welcome:

Hey thanks! Dont want all the expensive bit that one has just want to make it look similar. I like the stock rims, I would just change the rear end, the headlight and the rear shock, love everything else. Found out insurance is cheaper on the FZ then on the CBR I have:) through progressive.

He was pronounced my MotoHusband at the rally.

It's also unfortunate he doesn't know just how eFn flat South Carolina :hellno: is with very few mountains. We were in NORTH Carolina where they have a lot of mountains and stuff. (I read through all that and just now realized he copied and pasted from ST.N)

I've been telling him to join over here for at least six (already?) months now. I didn't tell him to join ST.N, he did that on his own.:scared0016:

Sorry Have South Carolina on the brain. Going to go there soon and lay on their beach, drink myself stupid (only takes one) and then I am going to take a nap and have a dream that I am up in the mountains of North Carolina trying to chase down those silly gen II boys. I'll try and keep Stella in 2nd to give them a fair chance..... :)

Back