New member welcome thread...

Hello all. Been sifting through this forum for a while. Time to join and introduce myself.

My name is Jonathon. Most call me Jon. I am 23yrs old and live in Princeton, IN. I previously owned a 2008 Kawasaki Versys. It had 2323 on the odometer and 14,000 when I sold it a year later.:eek5:

I now ride an 06 Maroon FZ1. It is a great bike that I bought near the end of last season....so late novemberish. I bought it with 10k on the odometer and managed a measly 3k before setting up shop for winter. It sat for a year at his place so a new battery was put on, new plugs, new coolant, oil change, new tires and lots of stinky gas was drained. I have had one problem with an Ivans FCE, but pulled it and run stock now. No issues now.

When I bought it, the previous owner installed pazzo levers, a carbon fiber wind screen, ivans fce, fender eliminator, and a yoshimura slip-on.

Since then I had the front fairing repainted due to a scratch he put on it in his garage. Not to mention he cracked it when he put on the aftermarket turn signals. The body shop removed the fz1 stickers, fixed and filled the crack, and painted me back up to stock. He also painted the radiator covers. The old turn signals were removed and replaced with flush mounts up front and shorter oval leds in the rear.
I have Givi V35 bags and a Givi E370 rear trunk painted to match and need the mounting hardware to install. +Oh and powdercoated the footpegs.+

Enough with this book. On to the pictures!
2011-07-03_13-45-54_292.jpg

What it looked like the day I got it.
2011-07-03_15-39-58_426.jpg

Mid painting process.
2011-11-13_16-48-56_298.jpg

As it sits now.
2012-03-13_15-14-15_153.jpg

Arrows to show mods and or changes, and crack area.
arrows.jpg

Me
0305080928.jpg

Welcome Jon! She's a beauty pal. Nice job they did on the paint, and on the blacked out rearsets! You'll really like it here. Tons of great members having a lot of fun and helping out each other with issues along the way! Congrats on the new ride, enjoy it!

Hello all. Been sifting through this forum for a while. Time to join and introduce myself.

My name is Jonathon. Most call me Jon. I am 23yrs old and live in Princeton, IN. I previously owned a 2008 Kawasaki Versys. It had 2323 on the odometer and 14,000 when I sold it a year later.:eek5:

I now ride an 06 Maroon FZ1. It is a great bike that I bought near the end of last season....so late novemberish. I bought it with 10k on the odometer and managed a measly 3k before setting up shop for winter. It sat for a year at his place so a new battery was put on, new plugs, new coolant, oil change, new tires and lots of stinky gas was drained. I have had one problem with an Ivans FCE, but pulled it and run stock now. No issues now.

When I bought it, the previous owner installed pazzo levers, a carbon fiber wind screen, ivans fce, fender eliminator, and a yoshimura slip-on.

Since then I had the front fairing repainted due to a scratch he put on it in his garage. Not to mention he cracked it when he put on the aftermarket turn signals. The body shop removed the fz1 stickers, fixed and filled the crack, and painted me back up to stock. He also painted the radiator covers. The old turn signals were removed and replaced with flush mounts up front and shorter oval leds in the rear.
I have Givi V35 bags and a Givi E370 rear trunk painted to match and need the mounting hardware to install. +Oh and powdercoated the footpegs.+

Enough with this book. On to the pictures!
2011-07-03_13-45-54_292.jpg

What it looked like the day I got it.
2011-07-03_15-39-58_426.jpg

Mid painting process.
2011-11-13_16-48-56_298.jpg

As it sits now.
2012-03-13_15-14-15_153.jpg

Arrows to show mods and or changes, and crack area.
arrows.jpg

Me
0305080928.jpg

Great looking '06, Jon. Welcome. You're about 2 hours (less via FZ1) south and a bit east of me. If you ever make it up around the Effingham, IL area (I'm in Greenup along I-70), let me know. Sounds like you have some great mods already. I never understood why Yamaha didn't black out the front and rear pegs. :tup:

Just got mine - '06 FZ1

Was looking at either a Vstrom DL1000 or the FZ1. There are not a lot of either for sale in the L.A. area and ended up looking at this bike up in Pismo Beach (my daughter had a choir festival in SLO). Never got to look at the DL cause after riding the FZ1, I was sold.

Took my maiden voyage as a ride home from Pismo to Valencia @ 3+ hours with wife and kid following in our car. Yeah I still hurt. I'm used to riding my KLR650 with a slightly more upright riding postion and knees not quite as bent. Still the bike rode like a dream; smooth and powerful.

My daily commute is 37 miles, one-way, into Hollywood and I can't wait to rider her down on Monday. That is assuming its not gonna rain tomorrow.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the FZ1 community. Plan to ride this bike for a while. More on the bike and the mods on her later.

-Rich

Was looking at either a Vstrom DL1000 or the FZ1. There are not a lot of either for sale in the L.A. area and ended up looking at this bike up in Pismo Beach (my daughter had a choir festival in SLO). Never got to look at the DL cause after riding the FZ1, I was sold.

Took my maiden voyage as a ride home from Pismo to Valencia @ 3+ hours with wife and kid following in our car. Yeah I still hurt. I'm used to riding my KLR650 with a slightly more upright riding postion and knees not quite as bent. Still the bike rode like a dream; smooth and powerful.

My daily commute is 37 miles, one-way, into Hollywood and I can't wait to rider her down on Monday. That is assuming its not gonna rain tomorrow.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the FZ1 community. Plan to ride this bike for a while. More on the bike and the mods on her later.

-Rich

Welcome Rich! Thanks for joining the ranks. Yes, the second generation FZ1's are a little more "sporty" than the 01's thru 05's. The earlier models are like riding on a sofa! There are ways to make it more comfortable as you will see here on the sight so don't give up on her yet. You can't beat the fuel injection!

Billy, no plan to give up her. If I can handle that 3+ hour ride home, I can handle my daily commute. I will look at ways to improve the feel. But all in all, I am a happy camper (or rider if you will)

Billy, no plan to give up her. If I can handle that 3+ hour ride home, I can handle my daily commute. I will look at ways to improve the feel. But all in all, I am a happy camper (or rider if you will)

I just now saw your "signature". So you have a Corbin already which is good. The issue is probably because you have aftermarket rearsets. They may be adjustable, so you could lower them close to stock positioning. That should free up your knees a bit.

Antoher newbie

Hi!

I'm new on this forum, but my precious FZS1000 has been mine since
2001, so you might call me a slow starter in joining. Even worse is that when waiting for the bike to be released I owned an FZS600 from 98-01.

To my excuse I must confess to not hanging around different forums,
chatting, or spending all day on facebook. It is much better to be out on your bike.

Well I live in Stockholm,Sweden and I am an avid biker since many years.
My first bike was an old Kawasaki back in -87. A couple of bikes later I got the FZS.

When you read this it is correct to guess that my age is a bit more than 20. Huw much is best kept a secret.

My name on this forum will be Vipera and I hope that I will get to it to
change my avatar and post a picture of the bike.

In Sweden the bike season is just starting up after the winter with a lot of gravel on all the roads. Hopefully it will be cleaned up shortly so we can get started with the riding.

Best wishes to you all and drive carefully

Vipera

2008 fz1

Hey guys finally got my FZ1. 2008 with only 1700 km. Looking forward to putting on some miles this summer. That is my buddys gen 1 fz with mine.

Hi!

I'm new on this forum, but my precious FZS1000 has been mine since
2001, so you might call me a slow starter in joining. Even worse is that when waiting for the bike to be released I owned an FZS600 from 98-01.

To my excuse I must confess to not hanging around different forums,
chatting, or spending all day on facebook. It is much better to be out on your bike.

Well I live in Stockholm,Sweden and I am an avid biker since many years.
My first bike was an old Kawasaki back in -87. A couple of bikes later I got the FZS.

When you read this it is correct to guess that my age is a bit more than 20. Huw much is best kept a secret.

My name on this forum will be Vipera and I hope that I will get to it to
change my avatar and post a picture of the bike.

In Sweden the bike season is just starting up after the winter with a lot of gravel on all the roads. Hopefully it will be cleaned up shortly so we can get started with the riding.

Best wishes to you all and drive carefully

Vipera

Hey guys finally got my FZ1. 2008 with only 1700 km. Looking forward to putting on some miles this summer. That is my buddys gen 1 fz with mine.

Welcome to both of you! Happy to have you both along. Thanks for the pics. Enjoy the new bikes!

from 250r to this!

Just purchased my 02 fz1 from a buddy that hit some gravel and dropped her. Almost new michelins,new front and rear brakes,new batt,valve adjustment,fork seals,syn oil,new sprockets and chain, blah blah. Well maintained 21,000 miles runs like a top.

First question is chain seems loose lots of rattling and constant noise (said it hadnt been adjusted since new, prob 3-400 miles) also seems to have alot of slop from gear to gear and from neutral to first. Just needs adjustment? Ideas?

Also trying to figure out what has been done to the tail, i hate the fake carbon turn signals but dont know what stock tail was since i dont know this bike.

Not sure what the teal blue fittings are up front (stock,aftermarket?)

Really just trying to get her back to stock probably. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys just joined this forum. Got a 2003 fz1 black and yellow. Currently is not running but am in the process of cleaning out the carbs. There is a lot of good stuff on this forum but Im sure im going to have some questions soon.

Hello... Just bought myself a 03 Blue FZ1 and so far am lovingggg the bike!

My last 4 bikes in order from oldest to most recent were: Honda vlx600, honda vtx1800, yamaha raider and now the fz1. So I've ridden cruisers all my life and this is my first experience with a sportier bike. I wanted something more comfortable and so far its everything I wanted.

Bought it with 15K miles on it, with a dalvik exhaust. Just recently ordered the zero gravity touring windshield and a few other goodies. The windshield is fairly short even though it says sports touring, but i'm happy with the look.

Bike also came lowered, but i'm going to adjust the dogbones to the stock position on the aftermarket links and put the center stand back on so I can work on the bike.

I also painted the radiator covers black and repainted the mirrors black since they were worn.. thinking about blacking out a bunch of more things..

Here is a photo of the bike before any modifications.... Will take some post mod photos later this week.

One%2520sunday%2520morning%2520094.jpg

Back