New member welcome thread...

Welcome Ray!.........28 bikes! Wow, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one because I'm somewhere in the 20+ range.......My wife says I've have serious mental issues!

Last edited:
Hi - new to this board. I've had my 2002 FZ1 for 3 years now and just love it. Its the perfect bike for me for touring and in 3 years and almost 90,000 kilometres its never given me a problem. This is us in Utah and Colorado last June.

Last edited:

Hello everyone, I'm Ged from Consett/Newcastle in the UK.
I have a modified FZ1s 2008.
I know a few people on here and have followed some of the posts for advice, of which there seems to be a lot. (Many thanks for that)
My next purchase is hopefully some Gilles rearsets but I don't like the £300+ price so second hand will do.

Will be touring the French/Swiss/Austrian Alps in July with a couple of guys on this forum.

Welcome Ged ! Another member from across the pond . . . .. w00t !!
Already some mods? Excellent !! Don't forget to post a pic or two and tell us about the mods done to date !!

Mods so far.

Fairing lowers,
Tall screen,
Colour coded panniers,
Scorpion end can.
Fuel cut eliminator,
Power commander 3
Scottoiler,
Hagon racing rear shock with 1'' lift
Progressive front springs.
Ohh and satnav
DSCN0735.jpg

Hey all, I am new to this forum but have been riding since I was 4 and am a member of the other FZ forum. Against the advise of my wife I sold my 06 FZ1 that I absolutely loved and bought an 08 B-king. I am in love with my B-king but I shound have never sold my FZ. Anyhow, I have been on the search for another one and I finally have a line on one that I am going to pick up this Saturday. If all goes well I will be posting pics of my new toy in a few days. Be well everyone!

Hey all, I am new to this forum but have been riding since I was 4 and am a member of the other FZ forum. Against the advise of my wife I sold my 06 FZ1 that I absolutely loved and bought an 08 B-king. I am in love with my B-king but I shound have never sold my FZ. Anyhow, I have been on the search for another one and I finally have a line on one that I am going to pick up this Saturday. If all goes well I will be posting pics of my new toy in a few days. Be well everyone!

Welcome to the forum and hopefully you're back in the FZ1 family again very soon ;)

fz1

Phil here, picked up my blue 2005 fz1 yesterday and got her good and broke in. being my third bike following a r6 and suzuki 500 the fz1 is by far my favorite. anyone in bham holla at me for a ride.

New member here from Chicago. Currently riding a V Star 1300 Tourer but I'm looking for something to do a little more "sport touring" on. Hope to see you out there.

Hello Im pothole. Had the nickname for about 15 years now. I just recenctly bought a 07 fz1 with two brothers pipe power commander fender eliminater and flushmount turn signals. My last bike was a kawasaki vulcan 900 custom. Looking forward to having something i can get more aggressive with in the corners.

New member here from Chicago. Currently riding a V Star 1300 Tourer but I'm looking for something to do a little more "sport touring" on. Hope to see you out there.

I think you'll be pleased with the FZ1 if you lean toward the sport side of the sport touring. Mods can always be made to tailor it to your needs, but if you are looking for long distance stuff, an FJR or Kawasaki Concourse 14 would be more comfortable for the long haul.

Are you in Chicago, or close by? I'm about 60 miles south of Champaign/Urbana (a 30 miles east of Effingham where I57 and I70 meet). If you are ever down this way, let me know. Good luck in your search.

My Introduction.

Hello all. Been sifting through this forum for a while. Time to join and introduce myself.

My name is Jonathon. Most call me Jon. I am 23yrs old and live in Princeton, IN. I previously owned a 2008 Kawasaki Versys. It had 2323 on the odometer and 14,000 when I sold it a year later.:eek5:

I now ride an 06 Maroon FZ1. It is a great bike that I bought near the end of last season....so late novemberish. I bought it with 10k on the odometer and managed a measly 3k before setting up shop for winter. It sat for a year at his place so a new battery was put on, new plugs, new coolant, oil change, new tires and lots of stinky gas was drained. I have had one problem with an Ivans FCE, but pulled it and run stock now. No issues now.

When I bought it, the previous owner installed pazzo levers, a carbon fiber wind screen, ivans fce, fender eliminator, and a yoshimura slip-on.

Since then I had the front fairing repainted due to a scratch he put on it in his garage. Not to mention he cracked it when he put on the aftermarket turn signals. The body shop removed the fz1 stickers, fixed and filled the crack, and painted me back up to stock. He also painted the radiator covers. The old turn signals were removed and replaced with flush mounts up front and shorter oval leds in the rear.
I have Givi V35 bags and a Givi E370 rear trunk painted to match and need the mounting hardware to install. +Oh and powdercoated the footpegs.+

Enough with this book. On to the pictures!
2011-07-03_13-45-54_292.jpg

What it looked like the day I got it.
2011-07-03_15-39-58_426.jpg

Mid painting process.
2011-11-13_16-48-56_298.jpg

As it sits now.
2012-03-13_15-14-15_153.jpg

Arrows to show mods and or changes, and crack area.
arrows.jpg

Me
0305080928.jpg

Last edited:
Back