New member welcome thread...

2008 fz1

I am Douglas from Sacramento, CA.

I am 58, married for 32 years, two grown kids and one granddaughter. I grew up in Kern county riding horses and anything off-road I could borrow. I rented HD from 2000-2008(?)

This 08 (purchased as 3rd owner on 2/11/12 @ 2980 miles) is the first sport-bike I have ever been on, so I am still trying to get used to the "Oh Sh*T" factor when I take her above 4k rpm.

I was shopping used Monster 1100 this year, but have shopped used Hayabusa and ZX-14 since they came out. I LOVE the Gen II FZ1 (just need more experience).

This is a great Forum. It's a GOLD MINE of talent. :unworthy::unworthy::unworthy:

help please 09 or 11?

im looking at leftovers an blue 09 and a silver 11.I plan on putting a pipe,touring shield and a gel seat.Ive seen they have updated the fuel injection on the 10 and again in 11 does this matter if im planning on putting a pipeand power commander on?The blue is sweet and the 09 is $800 cheaper
Im trading an 11 weestrom which im gonna take a bit of a loss but there is too much turbulance on this bike and it will be worth the loss.I really like 2 bros pipe but was wondering how
the pipe from yamaha sounds?

Thank
Lonney

I am Douglas from Sacramento, CA.

I am 58, married for 32 years, two grown kids and one granddaughter. I grew up in Kern county riding horses and anything off-road I could borrow. I rented HD from 2000-2008(?)

This 08 (purchased as 3rd owner on 2/11/12 @ 2980 miles) is the first sport-bike I have ever been on, so I am still trying to get used to the "Oh Sh*T" factor when I take her above 4k rpm.

I was shopping used Monster 1100 this year, but have shopped used Hayabusa and ZX-14 since they came out. I LOVE the Gen II FZ1 (just need more experience).

This is a great Forum. It's a GOLD MINE of talent. :unworthy::unworthy::unworthy:

Sweet bike. Always liked the candy apply red. Welcome.

im looking at leftovers an blue 09 and a silver 11.I plan on putting a pipe,touring shield and a gel seat.Ive seen they have updated the fuel injection on the 10 and again in 11 does this matter if im planning on putting a pipeand power commander on?The blue is sweet and the 09 is $800 cheaper
Im trading an 11 weestrom which im gonna take a bit of a loss but there is too much turbulance on this bike and it will be worth the loss.I really like 2 bros pipe but was wondering how
the pipe from yamaha sounds?

Thank
Lonney

You're making the right choice based on what you've said. GLWP.

2007 FZ1S Powder Blue

Hi All,

Have been a long time lurker for this site, dreaming of the day I would have my own FZ1!

I finally took delivery of my powder blue 2007 FZ1S.

I now know what it means to continually check the bank balance to see what other accessories I can buy....highly addictive!

I am from the south east suburbs of Melbourne, Australia. I work in IT in the CBD for a government agency.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you and even catching up with some local FZ1 enthusiasts.

Great site and appreciate the wealth of knowledge.

Andrew

New Guy

Hey everyone,

Been on 2 wheels for 44 years, started @ 6 years old. Been riding street for 4-5 years now on a 92 NH now for sale. Picked up an 85 700s and had new paint and decals done, 12,000 miles.

So I've been looking for a switch, can't do the lay down and found the Fz1 to be comfy to sit on. So, looking on C/L for a few weeks I found an old stock 09 blue in Spokane Washington. Made the call, got the OTD price and did the road trip across state for her.

She is a bute, with green rims. Took for a short spin after I got home and OMG this is going to take some learning on. I don't think I'll be mod mad this year but do want to replace the wind screen with a taller and smoked.

Probly do the radiator screen mod as well. OK that's it, hope to chat some and learn and maybe find folks in the Arlington area of washington to ride with. :sport12: Oh, I'll need to figure out how to post pics her to.

Thanks NJFz1,

Found the tires were about out of air, and they did a set up ride before I picked it up.

Now I'm looking at frame sliders and different wind shield. Any impute :chat:

Off today to meet a bunch of folks for bike night, should be fun. Get some more brake in miles on it.. I found that it reads 5 mph fast that it's going. Can one calibrate these to read right ?

Last edited:
Found the tires were about out of air, and they did a set up ride before I picked it up.

Now I'm looking at frame sliders and different wind shield. Any impute :chat:

Off today to meet a bunch of folks for bike night, should be fun. Get some more brake in miles on it.. I found that it reads 5 mph fast that it's going. Can one calibrate these to read right ?

Yea, when it comes to tire pressure you want to verify it yourself...

As for frame sliders T-Rex makes an affordable set that works well. Wind shields are very subjective so I hesitate to recommend anything w/o knowing what you want to get out of it (looks , increase wind protection, etc.).

Most factory speedometers tend to be a little optimistic to keep people out of trouble. If you want to correct it there are a couple of proven solutions out there...SpeedoHealer or SpeedoDRD.

I can see the point of keeping speed down, I went with OES, in the mail. The screen for me is blocking wind. I'm not a tall guy, 5'7". Wind was bad last night while out. I do want a tinted one. Seen many on C/L.... That bike is a gas sucker to :doh2:

New to site

Hello my name is Rick and I am from So Cal. I just bought my first bike ever, a 2009 Fz1. Hope it goes well for me on it for the first time , I did learn to ride a bit bike on buddies 08 ninja 650, but riding this fz1 will be my first. I have some questions please. First, can the handle bars on fz1 be adjusted? foward lower? or how far do they go if they can? Also Was wondering where/what is the cheapest price I can get a lower fairing kit. My bike is the dark grey 2009 fz1. Thanks and hello to all:cowboy:

Last edited:
Hi all just take few seconds to introduce myself. I recently bought an 08 red FZ1. The bike was actually posted here on classified section. Ive been looking at these bikes ever since GEN I came out while i was in college. I always wanted one just never got around to it. I sold my boat and it was time for new toy.

I have owned dirtbikes/enduros/ATV/Snowmobiles and rode other friends bikes for the past 20 years. FZ1 is in its own category but so far im in love.

Just curious if anyone out there has painted thier rims or front shock towers. Black and red are my favorite colors and the gold im not real crazy about. Any ideas or where I can find more information would be great. Also I think the speedo is slightly off and im pretty sure the sprockets are stock. Is this common problem?

Question from a newbi

:wazzup: I have a 2009 FZS10YCG model #. Im looking to put a aftermarket windscreen like a cooperdawg windscreen or etc and smaller mirrors on my bike any ideas or websites for aftermarket parts for 2009 FZ1 and part # Thanks. PM me

Last edited:
Back