MrsFZ1inNH Build Thread - ***REVEALED!*** Vid and Pics!

Hey Eric,
How i missed this thread until now i'll never know. You did a great job on the bike, looks GREAT!!!!!!!!

I do have a question though. Exactly what frame sliders are installed? I want to get a set for mine and haven't figured out what brand/type I need for the lower fairings. Thanks!
Wayne

I do have a question though. Exactly what frame sliders are installed? I want to get a set for mine and haven't figured out what brand/type I need for the lower fairings. Thanks!
Wayne

Wayne get yourself two sets of these sliders:

07-08 Yamaha YZF R1 YZFR1 No Cut Black Frame Sliders - eBay (item 160567486591 end time Apr-05-11 02:05:40 PDT)

Then use the ones with the longer protrusion (frame side) for the FZ1. After that use the two longer pucks and instant custom made frame sliders ;)

I love it!

So did you have to buy 2 full sets of frame sliders?
What model year of R1 sliders did you use?
And what brand are they?

Last edited:
Eric, I forgot to ask.......Did you send any of that "Purple People Eater" paint to Copperdog for a proper screen yet? :stirpot:

Last edited:
Eric, I forgot to ask.......Did you send any of that "Purple People Eater" paint to Copperdog for a proper screen yet? :stirpot:

Thanks again all! While it is a color women like, it is also a color that I think guys will like on a bike. As I said, I drove a 1997 Toyota Tacoma that was this color (actually a bit darker because it had the violet pearl and not the gold pearl) and never got any "comments" about it. ;)

No, she's not a Copperdog Girl. She wants a slightly larger screen to block more wind and doesn't like the full blast of the Copperdog one. Since she's smaller in stature, it will not take a lot more screen to block the wind for her. I can already tell she's going to like this bike even more than the FZ6R. This one is now personalized just for her! :D

Considering getting her wheels powder coated next year in gold to match the forks. Thoughts?

I love it!

So did you have to buy 2 full sets of frame sliders?
What model year of R1 sliders did you use?
And what brand are they?

Brenda, see Tony's link above. Those are exactly what he pointed me to. Yes, bought two sets and used the longer offset brackets on both sides with the longer pucks. Works perfectly! Use the long bolts that came with the sliders. From the frame out, it is washer, slider bracket then the fairing stay bracket. :tup:

Last edited:
Considering getting her wheels powder coated next year in gold to match the forks. Thoughts?

That would look great. I'm sure a metallic gold would match the forks nicely. I've often thought that since the wheels are aluminum a gold anodized finished like the forks would look "killer". Just don't know any place around that could do that kind of work.

Let's try this one... If you go to Youtube and watch the 1080p version, I think it best highlights the paint job on the bike. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UBJ3g3ByEY]YouTube - 2007 Yamaha FZ1 - Wife's new paint in Mystic Purple Mica Pearl[/ame]

The GoPro vid definitely shows the color much more accurately but I'm guessing that there's nothing like seeing it live and up close. Hopefully I'll get to check it out this season when we're out that way.

Back