MrsFZ1inNH Build Thread - ***REVEALED!*** Vid and Pics!

@Billy - I'm going to do my best to get us down your way for a long weekend. :D I hope we can gather some other members and do a group ride through the Catskills and surrounding areas. :D

@Johnny - It looks good enough to me that it could have been a factory job. We're very impressed with how well the painter did. It is amazing to see in person. :D

We really wanted to ride today but the wind was brutally cold and blowing hard. Not how I want her to experience the FZ1 for the first time out on the open road. ;) Maybe later this week or this coming weekend!

As I told Eric and Michele by phone that color gives it killer looks. Hopefully I'll see it in person this week. The cool thing is that it's extremely unlikely there is another FZ1 like that in the world...until I get mine painted that color.

As I told Eric and Michele by phone that color gives it killer looks. Hopefully I'll see it in person this week. The cool thing is that it's extremely unlikely there is another FZ1 like that in the world...until I get mine painted that color.

I can't see Michele allowing that to happen Norm. Even the slight mention of doing that could get you in trouble!:D

I'm not giving you the paint code....LOL!!!:hellno:

It's a fairly unisex color which is what I was going for. At some point I might want to sell this bike and get a newer model. I didn't want to restrict myself on potential buyers.....hey Norm....wanna buy a bike??

Last edited:
What if he opts for the violet pearl in lieu of the gold????

Either way, it is an AWESOME color and puts the blue to shame!!

Enjoy, and hopefully the weather will allow you more than a quick spin around the neighborhood this coming weekend.

Last edited:
Ruh Roh (said like "Astro" the dog from the Jetsons). She found out?!

Alright, alright, I'll stick with red...with purple and gold highlights...

Overall awesome job. Great attention to detail. Nothing better than building up a ride for the woman in our life. I allways spent more time on her ride than any of mine.

Overall awesome job. Great attention to detail. Nothing better than building up a ride for the woman in our life. I allways spent more time on her ride than any of mine.

Thanks! I put all my time into her bike this winter. Almost none on my bike. :D I agree with you!

Today, I put on the metal valve stem covers I'd bought for her FZ6R and never got to put on. I had to adjust the kickstand as it was too short. Then I put on her RAM mount and cramp buster. She is ready to roll now! :D She's very keen on the gold wheels but that will be next winter. ;)

Big thanks to NJFZ1 and FZ1inNH for helping me out with the frame sliders! Installed those, a new Pilot Road 2, and a 16t front sprocket today. WOW is all I can say. That sprocket completely changed this bike.
IMG00031-20110409-1553.jpg

IMG00030-20110409-1553.jpg

Last edited:
I'm afraid of the 16 tooth. I don't know if I want any more that what I currently have. The only thing I've ridden thats faster is the BMer 1000rr but it had traction control.

Big thanks to NJFZ1 and FZ1inNH for helping me out with the frame sliders! Installed those, a new Pilot Road 2, and a 16t front sprocket today. WOW is all I can say. That sprocket completely changed this bike.

I have to say that the FZ1 lowers really set the bike off. IMHO. Looks great with the sliders in place too!

Back