More fun with Harleys

Ok, here's an example of someone "posing" as a rider.
I worked with an engineer, REAL smart, not much common sense, but intelligent none the less, and real goofy. One day out of the blue he buys a Harley Road King. And a trailer. We started talking, and he knows all the specs. But he doesn't know how to ride, never ridden before, and isn't licensed. What he does, to this day, is trailer the bike to bike Rally's, including Sturgis, and he parks it. It never gets ridden because he doesn't know how. But he has, and wears, all the leather. And definitely knows all about the specs on his machine.
I even offered to teach him..he just wants to talk and act like a rider, he doesn't actually want to ride.
I don't "hate" Harley's or Harley riders. I simply made a statement that in my experience they are for the most part, not the folks that put 12 to 15K on their bikes a year. I ride with some Harley riders regularly, and they talk about that more then I do. It's just a different point of view.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Missy! I had sat down yesterday, trying to come up with what a true "poser" would be if there was one, and couldn't for the life of me think of anything. I guess because we all assume that they'd be "riding" the bike which is why I said inadvertantly in my post that "anyone that throws their leg over a bike and rides on two wheels couldn't be a poser". Lo and behold, you came through and answered the question! Excellent!

This guy "never" actually "rode" the bike, yet owns the bike, which makes him a bonafied POSER!!!! And he actually goes to rallys too?! Holy Crap! What does he say when a group comes over and asks him to go along for a ride? That would be embarrassing as hell to me. Thanks Missy for the true definition of a "poser". They should write down your tidbit here, print it in Websters next to "poser", and call it a day!

Missy pretty sure that is one of the funniest things I've heard in awhile. Now with this poser/squid thing. I have a problem with guys that ride around on their rockets with only a tank top, flipp flopps, and shorts on doing wheelies down the street in urban areas. They tell me they are real riders because they know how to ride a wheelie in a straight line. What do you guys think?

Missy pretty sure that is one of the funniest things I've heard in awhile. Now with this poser/squid thing. I have a problem with guys that ride around on their rockets with only a tank top, flipp flopps, and shorts on doing wheelies down the street in urban areas. They tell me they are real riders because they know how to ride a wheelie in a straight line. What do you guys think?

That doesn't make them real riders, but sure makes them real stupid in my book...lol

I agree..real stupid! :)
Yup, he does it all the time, still to this day drags the damn thing around on a trailer. I actually feel sorry for the bike...I'm sure it would prefer someone to actually RIDE it. :)

---

I agree..real stupid! :)
Yup, he does it all the time, still to this day drags the damn thing around on a trailer. I actually feel sorry for the bike...I'm sure it would prefer someone to actually RIDE it. :)

---

Just think.....He'll have a brand new "Classic" 25 years from now! I at least hope that he starts the bike to keep internal parts lubricated from time to time??

Billy you went to Gettysburg without me :( ironically the time frame fits my sighting the rainbow Gen I on 78

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it was actually a "Day Trip" Johnny and 90% of the trip was "Not" riding, so I figured it may have been not everyone's cup of tea. I didn't want to have guys stuck "walking" around all day looking at museums and battlefields if they really wanted to ride. Now that I got all the "historical" stuff out of my system, we are going to do it again during late Summer, early Fall, where it will be cruising around and nothing more. I think that would suit more guys that way. I'll make sure you know about the next Jaunt into PA so we could all meet up. Oh, and by the way, you have one of the most beautiful States, and me and Richie had one of the best times ever! I'd list my PA trip 4th on my all time list of great trips.

1- Nascar Vacation (Concord/Charlotte, NC)
2- Deal's Gap (NC/TN)
3- Las Vegas (Red Rock Canyon Ride)
4- Gettysburg/Amish Country Trip (Gettysburg/Lancaster, PA)

Next Time I Promise!!!

****And NO, we never hit Route 78 during our trip to PA so it had to have been someone else on that Flamin' Rainbow Bike!

Nobody on this board is a poser. We all ride our bikes regularly. But like Billy, I've got nothing against the occasional or never riders. I just think they make it more dangerous for themselves. I've tried to ride in every situation in every season and that, in my opinion, makes throwing a leg over a bike safer. I have nothing against Harleys either, just the not too brilliant riders of them that think they can outrun an FZ1 or a C14. Cracks me up every time. I used to kick their behinds on my Silver Wing scooter, never mind an FZ1.

Billy your knowledge is amazing. I wasn't sure cos it was a couple of years ago but look what I found!! :wow:

How did you know that, there must be hundreds if not thousands of rental companies in Honolulu.

attachment.php

I dug through a bunch of photos and found my Harley pic. I was wrong though. It didn't have the Captain's Seat for the passenger but it was comfortable just the same. This was taken in Red Rock Canyon, NV.

dcp_2430.jpg

rode up to the midcoast of maine this weekend. i was talking to my uncle and we got on the subject of harleys and he said something that you guys seem to be echoing. he said "a lot of harley riders say they OWN a harley, not nearly as many say they RIDE a harley." i thought that was an interesting comment about the unconscious word selection of some harley riders. but like you guys, i know that it is a large field, and many harley riders do not ride much and just like to think they are part of a subculture, just as there are many harley riders that actually do ride, and quite a bit at that. far more miles than i log.

I thought I knew the ultimate poser but Missy just beat me hands down.:unworthy: I work with a dude who has a 97 Super Glide, I think or something. He just turned over 7000 mi. in mid June, but in his defense he does wear a Harley t shirt every day.

Your Picture is the quintessencial "What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas"
lol.

Your still my buddy Billy. I know under all of that hard core wanna be outlaw apperal you had on your still a Mesh jacket winding road twist it hard kind of guy.

Heck you even wear boots that will protect you.

Cant wait for the next ride my friend. Rice burners all day!!!:Rockon:

Back