More fun with Harleys

I live in St. Lucie. The ride around Okeechobee is nice especially if you stop to see the lake. In addition, Skyline Drive in Jensen gives you panoramic views of the Indian River from one of the highest elevations in the state.

Call them "grandpa bikes"... :)

I just did a google search on "average age of Harley Davidson owner" and the first article was from Sept. 10, 2001:Harley Davidson | Automotive | brandchannel.com

If you have a Harley, chances are you have grandchildren. If you don't have grandchildren, you have friends close in age to you with grandchildren.

The under 35 crowd seem to not fit in with the standardized demographic.

Some (under 35 folk) are early adopters and jump to the future, buying the "things" old people buy.

But the other side of the "young" crowd are waiting for the older generation to retire and get out of the way of progress.

Supply and demand will lower the value of the existing HD's in existence. So many were sold, most parked and left in garages. If the brand stopped producing bikes today, there would probably be enough bikes to fullfill demand for over 10 years. After that, the existing aftermarket supplies will carry the ability to supply spares for existing bikes easily for the next 40 years.

Think of a Harley like an old Camaro, you can still buy one, some look better than others, but there are better faster cheaper options... (and somethings always look better in museums anyway)

If I wanted to drop serious money on a Bike, I'd buy a Motus or a Moto Guzzi.

But I'll leave the "grandpa bikes" to the grandpas.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Can't seem to embed, but more fun with Harley's revived....

Your link does not work because you copied the url while logged into your youtube account. Go back to the video and at the end click the Share button on the screen and copy the url that is provided in the box below the video.

Back on topic. I have only been riding for a month now, though I do ride 4 days a week, and I have yet to have a Harley or cruiser rider try to race me. Living in Southern California means there are people riding on a regular basis year round, but from what I have seen about 35-40% of commuting riders have cruisers, the majority seems to be a mix of standards, full sport bikes or enduros.

I do know a few guys who rider Harleys however, and they are all super cool guys.

Thanks for the stories and laughs, that was a great way to spend the last 20 min reading!

I could see myself on either a Road King which I have ridden before, or this baby right here. I think it looks bad enough to get away with owning it!

profile.jpg

Everyone I meet that finds out I ride always think I own a Harley! What gives?! Do I have that dreaded "Harley Look" to me??

I could see myself on either a Road King which I have ridden before, or this baby right here. I think it looks bad enough to get away with owning it!

profile.jpg

Everyone I meet that finds out I ride always think I own a Harley! What gives?! Do I have that dreaded "Harley Look" to me??

do you really want to know the answer to that question billy?!?! :laugh2:

i think if i didn't already know what you ride and had never met you (online counts right?!?!) i'd probably think you worked making wheels in the back of sr.'s shop!

:wtf: :hellno::shaking head::wazzup::eyebrow: Oh no! Yet another one! I know, I just have that "Harley" cruiser type look to me I guess! Maybe that's why I get those weird looks when I roll up on the mountain Sunday mornings! Haha! Too funny PJ!

Texas Defines Dangerous

Watch out for the ones with lots of tattoos and leather vests. When i moved down to Florida from Pennsylvania i was warned by a Floridian that some of the "harley riders" are dangerous. Now from what ive seen on a history channel special (about florida biker gangs) and what ive heard from locals, I pass with care.

I'm a law abiding citizen. I ride an FZ1. I have no criminal record. I have a Texas license to carry concealed and I always do.

I carry a .45.

Be wary of the dog with no markings. We don't growl and give no warning before we bite.

Don't mess with Texas!

Probably because I was jacking with the link trying to get it embed.....I primarily use my smartphone for the net because it is faster than my alternative......satellite.

So I'm limited as to what I can do....but should be able to view now.

Still not working :(

:wtf: :hellno::shaking head::wazzup::eyebrow: Oh no! Yet another one! I know, I just have that "Harley" cruiser type look to me I guess! Maybe that's why I get those weird looks when I roll up on the mountain Sunday mornings! Haha! Too funny PJ!

Dont sweat it Billy, I get that all the time.

I had a guy on a hardley two up with his girl pass me and my son in my lane. My son was behind me on an R6. The hardley guy with his loud pipes trying to impress his girl I guess, didn't impress for long. Once I dropped a gear and nailed it............ Well lets just say he didn't try it again.:D

Probably because I was jacking with the link trying to get it embed.....I primarily use my smartphone for the net because it is faster than my alternative......satellite.

So I'm limited as to what I can do....but should be able to view now.

As I mentioned before it has to do with you being logged into your you tube account when you copy the url.

You need to click the "share" link that shows on the video after it finishes playing and copy and paste that url for it to work.

Back