Just got my bike and need help with mods!

U guys are so funny lolup. color of money is green, but i rather have pouns of GOLD. haha.
Dude, just look up those gen1 pictures on web n pick n choose

Engine Paint

So i want to paint the engine a nice black hopefully this weekend. Anyone have any recommendations as for the exact color or brand?

And as for the tank i am going to use [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-RF129-Rust-Fix-Treatment/dp/B001DKR4BE/ref=sr_1_86?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1327688724&sr=1-86"]duplicolor rust fix treatment[/ame]. This is going to give the rust area a black coat. I'm thinking of painting the tank black and eventually the tail too.

I wanted to mainly do cosmetic work as of now.. The only engine work I need to do is check on the valves ASAP and tune it up. And maybe a jet kit. I want to make sure the carbs are clean because the bike does have a little trouble starting in the cold. It's icey and 34*F outside.

Gen 1's get a grumpy in the colder weather...just use the choke, and very little throttle. She'll turn over.

For the jet kit, check out Ivans Perfomance kit, Made a big difference for me, improved response and smoothed out the vibrations in the 4000 rpm range.

South jersey!!!

Wow, not too often you run across someone from south jersey. I went to school for scientific glass at SCC. Lived in Penns Grove, right on the river. What an interesting place to live it was. Candlelit dinners courtesy of dupont chemical and deepwater diner are surely missed.

I have some pics I took throughout the process that I'll post soon. But I sanded the rust spots down to the metal and smoothed it out with 400grit sandpaper then painted it with a blue rustoleum paint that was close enough to the Yamaha blue. Masked everything off with newspapers and tape and then painted the heart with a black high heat 2000*F rustoleum engine paint. How's it look compared to the previous pics guys?

Here's a couple more pictures of both sides. I took the pegs and bracket off to paint them black or just clean them up. Any recommendations for frame sliders?

Back