Ivan's Reflash?

ECU is out and on the table next to me. It will be vacationing in NY by Wed for at least a few hours. I'm hoping Ivan will get it then and ship it back for a Friday delivery. I'm planning on a test run on Saturday. :tup:

ECU is out and on the table next to me. It will be vacationing in NY by Wed for at least a few hours. I'm hoping Ivan will get it then and ship it back for a Friday delivery. I'm planning on a test run on Saturday. :tup:

I'm jealous! Let us know how it rides! Videos would be nice if possible :)

Best money you will ever spend on the bike. Better performance, no more fuel cut which makes for smoother shifting, fan kicks on at 195, higher redline, more torque down low, bike runs smoother and no more decel popping. The only downside I notice was less engine braking, it's quite noticeable but doesn't bother me in the least.

Best money you will ever spend on the bike. Better performance, no more fuel cut which makes for smoother shifting, fan kicks on at 195, higher redline, more torque down low, bike runs smoother and no more decel popping. The only downside I notice was less engine braking, it's quite noticeable but doesn't bother me in the least.

All that sounds great, but I see less engine braking as another advantage.

Funny I told my Nephew that my ECU was on holiday in NY on Facebook. Its back in Australia, slowly making its way back now. Hope the "Therapy" lives up to the claims.

I'm jealous! Let us know how it rides! Videos would be nice if possible :)

Just sent it. USPS, delivery confirmation and insurance... $14.65 and it will be at Ivan's Wednesday.

I'll make sure the camera is charged and ready and get some GoPro going for the maiden voyage. :tup:

Funny I told my Nephew that my ECU was on holiday in NY on Facebook. Its back in Australia, slowly making its way back now. Hope the "Therapy" lives up to the claims.

Awesome! It's such a short vacation for the little guy while in NY.... but man, I understand he comes back totally refreshed, revived and ready for hard work! Ivan's ECU Spa treatment.... :cloud9:

I've got some other work to do first... I need to lube the clutch and throttle cables, get rid of the free-play on all of them, clean and oil the K&N air filter, extend the vacuum hoses for easier throttle-body sync and sync those once I have the ECU and map loaded along with setting the TP min/max.

Looking forward to your ride report and findings with the new map, mpg, etc... This will be a great thread for us all to compare notes. Ruggybuggy and CrazyBiker are off to a good start here! Keep the info coming!

Just sent it. USPS, delivery confirmation and insurance... $14.65 and it will be at Ivan's Wednesday.

I'll make sure the camera is charged and ready and get some GoPro going for the maiden voyage. :tup:

Eric you should have sent Michelle's ECU to Ivan's instead of yours so your bike wouldn't have been down ;)

Eric you should have sent Michelle's ECU to Ivan's instead of yours so your bike wouldn't have been down ;)

I'd given that thought Tony, but with all the other items I'm going to do to my bike, I figured this gives me time to complete them.

Plus, I'm glad I am riding hers... I discovered that it handles like CRAP and I need to change the geometry on it. The front is too high and the rear is too low so I'm going to lower the front and much as possible then start raising the link on the rear until she is uncomfortable then drop it back down a little bit. It's not bad at speed but slow and starting out? It's like a flippin' cruiser flopping all over like a fish out of water!!

I have been working with Traxxion Dynamics to get a new Penske for her as short as they can make it without affecting travel then put in a softer spring. They told me they can shave 1" safely off the height. This will allow me to bring the lowering link that much closer to OEM and should give her a nice comfortable planted ride. We've not discussed a price yet.

I'd given that thought Tony, but with all the other items I'm going to do to my bike, I figured this gives me time to complete them.

Plus, I'm glad I am riding hers... I discovered that it handles like CRAP and I need to change the geometry on it. The front is too high and the rear is too low so I'm going to lower the front and much as possible then start raising the link on the rear until she is uncomfortable then drop it back down a little bit. It's not bad at speed but slow and starting out? It's like a flippin' cruiser flopping all over like a fish out of water!!

I have been working with Traxxion Dynamics to get a new Penske for her as short as they can make it without affecting travel then put in a softer spring. They told me they can shave 1" safely off the height. This will allow me to bring the lowering link that much closer to OEM and should give her a nice comfortable planted ride. We've not discussed a price yet.
I think she can do ok with the standard seat height now that she is comfortable on the bike. Ask Patrice for inspiration!

Hi Blanchy. Has it been resolved yet that the Ivan reflash is fully compatible with Australian ECUs and harnesses? I am interested in this mod for my 2007 model but am cautious. Not sure which bits might be different on our bikes (ECU, loom), but as we have an immobiliser on our bikes that is apparently not there on US bikes, I have some concern that the reflash may have 'unexpected results' on Australian bikes.

Really interested to hear how your bike goes once you get your ECU back.

Regards

Kenzo.

I think she can do ok with the standard seat height now that she is comfortable on the bike. Ask Patrice for inspiration!

Nope... she can barely tip-toe with the stock height but we might be able to get the shorter shock and return the link to pretty much OEM height then leave the forks where they are in the triples. At her size, the FZ1 forks are no issue for her. We did discuss it at lunch today and she agreed that I can raise the back up some comfortably. I'll adjust it tonight.

And hitting up Patrice is a great idea!

Also, Ivan said he'd provide a pic of the airbox mod as there's many variations of it. Mine is cut just like this minus the flap, so it is quite flat and the opening is nearly the same size as the filter itself. I am assuming this is what Ivan means for the mod?

1163d1256832659-air-box-mod-lars3.jpg

He mentioned that there is no need for the "V cut" but I don't think I've seen a picture of that airbox or any that have more cut than my own. Speaking of which, I'll get a picture of what I have now that it is out.

Hi Blanchy. Has it been resolved yet that the Ivan reflash is fully compatible with Australian ECUs and harnesses? I am interested in this mod for my 2007 model but am cautious. Not sure which bits might be different on our bikes (ECU, loom), but as we have an immobiliser on our bikes that is apparently not there on US bikes, I have some concern that the reflash may have 'unexpected results' on Australian bikes.

Regards

Kenzo.

It will be installed tomorrow evening and hopefully a test ride to work on Thursday. I'll let you know. I'm not the first, FZ1 Gong had his done and is happy.

Last edited:

Regards

Kenzo.

So far only fitted and set the PCV up. Engine seems to run fine, very crisp throttle response testing WOT and the Immobilizer light still flashes just like before. I assume this means it still works. Hoping the weather is a bit warmer tomorrow for a test ride to work. 4c this am (on the coast) is a bit chilly for my 55km run to work.

So far only fitted and set the PCV up. Engine seems to run fine, very crisp throttle response testing WOT and the Immobilizer light still flashes just like before. I assume this means it still works. Hoping the weather is a bit warmer tomorrow for a test ride to work. 4c this am (on the coast) is a bit chilly for my 55km run to work.

You're a patient man Blanchy. I'd have ripped it up! And you have heated grips.... go for it!

Was this adding the Power Commander at the same time as the flashed ECU? You did not have one before? And you did set the TP min/max, right? ;)

Mine is in a postal worker's hands in Congers, NY right now... waiting for him to get to Ivan's. Hoping for the call this afternoon from da man!

Back