Ivan's Reflash?

Ruggybuggy

For those that have done it. Is it worth the approx. $400 after shipping to get it done? What are the benefits that were noticed? He provides his own map. I'm presently running a JB Pro with the Lar's map.

loosenut did a big write up on his impressions of the Ivan's flash. He was very detailed and practically foaming at the mouth over how much it improved his bike

DO IT! The bike is much smoother. Shifts smoother, idles better, smoother power band. It runs cooler (which may not be a big point for you way up there). The power difference is immense. There is less engine braking. My mpg hasnt changed much but thats ok to me. I have nothing bad to say about it at all.

Hope this helps,

Matt

DO IT! The bike is much smoother. Shifts smoother, idles better, smoother power band. It runs cooler (which may not be a big point for you way up there). The power difference is immense. There is less engine braking. My mpg hasnt changed much but thats ok to me. I have nothing bad to say about it at all.

Hope this helps,

Matt

I yanked it out tonight and going to send it in tomorrow if time permits. Funny your mileage never changed because I talked to him today and he told me expect 4-5 mpg difference. The fuel cut is starting to piss me off, anything above 4 grand, make a shift and back on the throttle and bike bucks. It's like an on or off choice on the throttle.

He told me today that you have to use his map with O2 disconnected. Anyone try using a different map with reflash ecu? What mods does he build the map to?

Map is f*in rich at small throttle openings... my commute mpg dropped due to that .... I zeroed 0% throttle and leaned out others ... my mpg is back now

Interesting, how is the performance now after you made the change? I wouldn't mine getting a copy of your revised map. PM me.

Map is f*in rich at small throttle openings... my commute mpg dropped due to that .... I zeroed 0% throttle and leaned out others ... my mpg is back now

Interesting! I am getting better mpg ( if that is what I am trying for) with the new ecu flash and Ivan's map than I got when I was using Jondaddy's map, before the re-flash, and it was really lean.

My cruising rpms are normally at around 5 to 6 grand. The bike is butter- smooth at all rpm's and for some reason loves to test out the new redline.

This mod is worth every penny.

David

Interesting! I am getting better mpg ( if that is what I am trying for) with the new ecu flash and Ivan's map than I got when I was using Jondaddy's map, before the re-flash, and it was really lean.

My cruising rpms are normally at around 5 to 6 grand. The bike is butter- smooth at all rpm's and for some reason loves to test out the new redline.

This mod is worth every penny.

David

Well I experienced that my Fz1 runs really rich when I disconnect the O2 sensor and the outside temp is cold. That happens often even in summer in the SF Bay area, for example when you go to the pacific and it's foggy there. In winter my mpg are so bad (33-35 compared to 39-40 in summer) that I reconnect the O2 sensor and zero the closed loop area which restores immediately the usual summer mpg. If this behavior could be fixed I would do the mod but Ivan told me that he does not think that this is an issue.

If I had the money, this would already be done. But I have other projects that come first and I've spent the rest on stuff for my truck. ;) I'll have this done before the next riding season starts regardless... parks for the winter, the ECU may as well head south for a few days. :D

Not really sick of the Autotune, just want the 1st 3 gears to have all the available power, as these are the only ones I can use on the road. + all the other benefits.

I'm going to send mine in soon. Also use Pete's suggestion and re-route it to under the seat. I might pull it Sunday night and ship it to Ivan on Monday. Looking forward to all the changes, smoother throttle and custom map. I'm even going to put in the stock flies as he's compensated for that in this flash.

He's done a lot of them already and from all over the world. It's got to be that good. ;)

I'm going to send mine in soon. Also use Pete's suggestion and re-route it to under the seat. I might pull it Sunday night and ship it to Ivan on Monday. Looking forward to all the changes, smoother throttle and custom map. I'm even going to put in the stock flies as he's compensated for that in this flash.

He's done a lot of them already and from all over the world. It's got to be that good. ;)

I would not waste the time going back to stock 'flies. It works great with the smaller ones.

Back