Ivan's Reflash?

Phil, get a deal on a nice used one for little money then Ivanize it. That N1K will then sit and collect dust. :Rockon:

:) Yeah, it would probably sit until Ivan dedicates some time to it! :Rockon:

My wife needs a new bike ,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe,,,,,!! she did always like the handling and sitting position of the FZ. In the future, I suppose a used FZ would be a possibility, if the price were right.:thinking:

For now, I like the N1K but it has a lot of the same performance issues as an unmodified FZ1. It'll take time and $$ but I hope it will eventually be as comfortable and perform as good as my old FZ1.

I recently received my flashed ECU back from Ivan.

For all you Aussies contemplating it, it took a round trip of less than 2 weeks and I only missed out on 1 weekend's worth of riding.It was well worth the wait.

The bike has heaps of low and especially midrange grunt now, the bike screams off the line much easier and I have also noticed that u turns are easier now too.

There is a heap of grunt from around 5000 rpm on and the power delivery is very linear and powerful at the same time.

Getting back on the gas in a corner is much smoother, previously I never really had any issues with fuel cut, but now the fueling is much more precise.

I'm loving my bike now after this mod, it just makes it all the more enjoyable and the ride-ability is much improved.

Ivan was a pleasure to deal with, he took time out to answer all of my questions and he turned around my ECU extremely quickly, so I had minimal time off the bike.

Believe the hype, Ivan's ECU flash and PC map are the real deal. Two thumbs up!

Last edited:
I went from Ivans full kit pre-flash to Ivans ECU flash. To anybody wondering if there is a noticeable difference, Yes there is! I though my bike ran great(which it did) to even another level. This is really pissing my buddies off ..lol they keep asking how you getting so fast..lol the overall smoothness I now have is amazing twisties are even easier. I have to be concerned with going to fast while cruising now..lol. Its a dream that just keeps getting better..

Ivan is on holiday. Timing sucks because I have my ECU boxed up and ready to send.. but my last GenII had the full Ivan's kit, and made 139hp on the dyno. I was super happy with it, and my tuner said he couldn't squeeze any more from it. To put that 139hp into perspective, the same day an '07 R1 with full graves system made 141hp.

Generally, I wanted to discuss a couple of things with Ivan before I shipped off my ECU:
- Immobiliser: Does the flash nuke the Aussie immobiliser?
- Fuel: Now the flash has a new fuel map, how is the map handling Aussie fuel?
- My ECU is a 2014 2D1 unit (not a typo), but Ivan only refers to the 3D1 ECUs.. is this a problem?
- Since this bike is used, I have no idea if the ECU has been flashed before.. can he flash over someone else's?
- to be honest, the on/off fuelling feels like classic OEM flash, and the ECU has no stickers or markings to indicate a flash has been done.

Anyway, I'm heading off tomorrow to do the Ride ADV Bridge to Bridge. Timing to send away this ECU would have been perfect, but not to be.

Back