I'm On Two Wheels Again!!!!

Congratulations!

You can't keep a good man down, or off a bike in your case! This is great news and I know you will have her looking new in no time. It looks great!

He's BACK . . . . !!

Wait to go buddy , , , :woot: Sooooo glad to see you rebound and land a killer deal too !! Like the rest of the guys, I can't wait to see the improvement's coming soon to our computer screens !!!!
Hey who knows , , ,, maybe we can get together this summer. You know, , , Billy's project's: the old and the new together and on the road again--!! heh,heh,
Ohh , , I like the color(s) too ! I am partial to the BLACK 'n Silver . . . :+1:

Thanks Guys! I appreciate all the sentiments, really! I'm glad things have turned around for me and Rich over here. I'm glad that my "down time" wasn't all that long. I'm really itchin' to get my hands dirty again. I'm touched by all the kind words. It all reflects back onto you guys and gals! My son already made me give him a sworn promise that under no circumstances will I sell this bike once it's done, and if you know me, a promise is a promise. I think he has his eye on this particular bike once his "old man" is too old to lean on his wrists anymore! I told him that with my new diet and exercise regiman, it may be a long while before he gets the keys to this one!:sinister:

Congratulations Billy!! I am really glad to see you back on two wheels. We will have to get together for that ride sometime soon.

I thought you would enjoy a quick story being a race fan. I took my Duacti in for the 6k Service in early January at Fast by Ferracci I was able to meet Eraldo Ferracci have a nice long chat and as part of a major service he Dynoed my 999 and did a full check on my mapping. He told me to change nothing in his broken english 134.36 hp with max torque being 76.

Congratulations Billy!! I am really glad to see you back on two wheels. We will have to get together for that ride sometime soon.

I thought you would enjoy a quick story being a race fan. I took my Duacti in for the 6k Service in early January at Fast by Ferracci I was able to meet Eraldo Ferracci have a nice long chat and as part of a major service he Dynoed my 999 and did a full check on my mapping. He told me to change nothing in his broken english 134.36 hp with max torque being 76.

Thanks Peter. Hey, that's awesome! I am a huge fan of PJ Jacobsen who races for Eraldo and is a local kid from Montgomery, NY. I have met him twice so far and have met Eraldo once at NJMP during the pre race set-up. It was amazing to watch a guy his age load maps with the computer into PJ's Duc in the pits. He's definitely a "hands on" kind of guy. I would have thought that the torque numbers would be a little higher for that motor but I'm assuming that all that torque starts early in the powerband. Those bikes have wicked power down low, but then you already know that!;) We will definitely get together this year for sure and for more than one ride!! I promise you that.

That sounds great! I am really looking forward to this upcoming riding season just let me know when and I cant wait to check out your new bike. I am sure Eraldo could get some more out of it but I am really happy with those numbers. Not sure if I mentioned before the 999 has a full Zard exhaust with a PC3. The front wheel will lift with ease the way it is set up it has taken some adjustment in riding style.

I have also started my Daytona 675 track bike build hope to have it all done by March and I also picked up a used 2006 RM-Z 250 cheap for some trail ridding and maybe a little motorcross having a nice track local to me that is if Carri will let me.

That sounds great! I am really looking forward to this upcoming riding season just let me know when and I cant wait to check out your new bike. I am sure Eraldo could get some more out of it but I am really happy with those numbers. Not sure if I mentioned before the 999 has a full Zard exhaust with a PC3. The front wheel will lift with ease the way it is set up it has taken some adjustment in riding style.

I have also started my Daytona 675 track bike build hope to have it all done by March and I also picked up a used 2006 RM-Z 250 cheap for some trail ridding and maybe a little motorcross having a nice track local to me that is if Carri will let me.

Hey, make sure you post some pics of the Daytona build as it comes along! I can't wait to see the Duc up close!

WOW, great score and Congratulations!

BTW, always wanted to ask you and Tony. What is so special about these Thunderace's? Didn't they have some perennial issues from factory like handling, suspension, etc?

BTW, always wanted to ask you and Tony. What is so special about these Thunderace's? Didn't they have some perennial issues from factory like handling, suspension, etc?

Thanks Crazy! Well, I'm not aware of any issues from the factory but I can say that after riding Tony's home for him from the seller, even in the shape it was in, handled like it was on rails and was effortless when "turning in". Much better handling than my 01' had. I can only imagine what it rode like after Tony re-did the whole bike. I didn't have the pleasure of riding after that day. Once I got off it after my two hour ride I was hooked and said if I ever had the chance to pick one up I would. Luckily today was that day. If you ever have the chance to try one out, do it. You'll have a wide grin afterwards!

I am reading a bit about them. This is probably the classiest looking bikes after the FZR750R. I read they handle pretty well. Only thing they suck at is the mpg which am sure you will miss - 33 mpg max

I am reading a bit about them. This is probably the classiest looking bikes after the FZR750R. I read they handle pretty well. Only thing they suck at is the mpg which am sure you will miss - 33 mpg max

These bikes were under appreciated and under rated, especially after the R1 came out. They handle pretty good and are very reliable, just a little heavy. Engine was based on the original '89 FZR1000 EXUP. Yamaha basically combined the YZF750 frame with a slightly revised FZR1000 engine in '96 to create this bike.

Not only does it look good, but it's a very unique bike since it was only imported into the US in '97. You certainly wont run into another one every time you go for a ride. I have owned my share of these 1000cc engines and love them...

Oh and I'm not so sure about those MPG figures. If ridden at a sane pace on the highway you can get 38-40 MPG in my experience.

Congrats on the new bike!!!
There are quite a few very unique lines on that body. I think you could make an awesome paint design if you chose to get really creative

Last edited:
I'm so happy for you, Billy! Glad to see you are able to get back on 2 wheels. I'm anxious to see your previous bike this summer when I get the chance to vist it in IN.

I'll be following your restoration thread. Good luck with it! Great bike!

Back