I'm On Two Wheels Again!!!!

so how does the old thunderace compare to our FZ1?

Well it's a sportier riding position. Bike feels a little heavier, but handles well because of the shorter wheelbase. Power wise the FZ1 will spank it, but YZF1000 has higher top speed (about 170 MPH) thanks to being more aerodynamic than the FZ1.

billy you should get sick on Wednesday and we will hit the mountain.

With those tires and how it's idling, I wouldn't get out of my neighborhood! I am going to empty the tank and put fresh gas and a large dose of Seafoam to see if it cleans it up a little but if that doesn't work I'm gonna have to pull the carbs. Also, she won't be registered for another 2 months so unfortunately it won't be out of the garage any time soon. I also found out today when Richie removed the seat that the coolant resevoir is bone dry! Too much to do by Wednesday I'm afraid.:cry:

With those tires and how it's idling, I wouldn't get out of my neighborhood! I am going to empty the tank and put fresh gas and a large dose of Seafoam to see if it cleans it up a little but if that doesn't work I'm gonna have to pull the carbs. Also, she won't be registered for another 2 months so unfortunately it won't be out of the garage any time soon. I also found out today when Richie removed the seat that the coolant resevoir is bone dry! Too much to do by Wednesday I'm afraid.:cry:

Yea, you need to go over that bike completely before you take it back out on the road. Change the oil and filter, spark plugs, air filter, coolant and brake/clutch fluid. Then you'll be ready for the road...after the new tires of course. By the way I know the BT-16s don't last, but there was a killer deal on eBay for a set...under $200!!!!

Unless you're going to put in a jet kit right now I wouldn't mess with the carbs yet. As I told you this bike is very, very cold blooded so it takes a while to warm up. And by the way the carbs will be a PITA to remove and install. It's very difficult to get to the Allen bolt on the clamp holding the right side carb from what I remember.

Back