I Registered to Race in the Texas Mile Oct 26 !!!!

I read the link and it says there is a 1/2 mile shut down. i beleve that is what my local drag strip has. My buddy is running in the high 170s in the quater and he has to shut it down pretty quickly and get on the brakes at the finish to get her stoped. If you were to hit 190mph rougthly 275 feet per second(thats fast when you think of it like that) and stay in it for two seconds after the finish it would burn up 550 feet of your 1640. Just in the time it will take to get out of it and on the brakes will probley eat up a few hundred feet. Stay safe man. (I will stand corrected on my math,i am not a wiz at it.)

You are correct - it's a 1/2 mile deceleration.
Is your buddy dragging a cage or a bike? A cage will take more space to slow down.
I think I can decelerate in that amount of time. LOL I guess we will find out if I'm wrong :rofl:

Need to borrow a goPro? If you need it - let me know~:sport12:

Thanks Jeff - that is really cool of you.
Well now you guys are getting me even more excited. LOL I HAVE to get this on video.
Imagine all your friends Facebook posts: "We drove to the park", "We cooked beans", "I drove a motorcycle all out - all weekend!!!!" WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Then post a video of that!!!!! You guys talked me into it - I am definitely filming this thing.

Last edited:
I read the link and it says there is a 1/2 mile shut down. i beleve that is what my local drag strip has. My buddy is running in the high 170s in the quater and he has to shut it down pretty quickly and get on the brakes at the finish to get her stoped. If you were to hit 190mph rougthly 275 feet per second(thats fast when you think of it like that) and stay in it for two seconds after the finish it would burn up 550 feet of your 1640. Just in the time it will take to get out of it and on the brakes will probley eat up a few hundred feet. Stay safe man. (I will stand corrected on my math,i am not a wiz at it.)

There's bikes running 250+, and cars running 300+. Plenty O' room to stop.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

There's an event on Labour Day weekend in Maine, for those in this part of the continent who are unable to make it all the way to Texas. This year is out for me, but I am really hoping to get thewre next year. It's a 1.5 mile run. I guess there's at least one thing that's not bigger in Texas...

Thanks Jeff - that is really cool of you.
Well now you guys are getting me even more excited. LOL I HAVE to get this on video.
Imagine all your friends Facebook posts: "We drove to the park", "We cooked beans", "I drove a motorcycle all out - all weekend!!!!" WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Then post a video of that!!!!! You guys talked me into it - I am definitely filming this thing.

the more simultaneous shots the better. Sound will be consistent, but changing angles during the video - LIKE A BOSS! :cheerleader:

Frank I'm not real sure to be honest. I have read SO MANY different numbers that I don't know. Plus - there is barely anything stock on the this bike. Just the body weight alone will help me quite a bit.

Check the results from to last two events and you'll have a good idea

I'm going to guess 167. Getting over 175 is very difficult to do.

Actual traps yield a much lower speed than a Japanese speedometers.

That Gen R1 wouldn't do 186 MPH even with a tailwind...lol. Seriously I think the only bikes in 2002 that were "limited" to the 186 MPH were the ZX-14 and the Hayabusa.

The most common numbers I have read are around 175 mph (stock)
Won't be long until I have a more definite answer for you :D

OK - Update:

I have my safety wire kit in and I am going to pick up a drill press after work today. I just think it will be worth it.
I also picked up a quickshifter.....The guy I bought it from told me he had all the rods to fit my bike but when I went to link it up - wrong. :mad: So I am contacting Dano for the correct shifting rods. LOL It's kind of cutting it close. :eek5:
I did have a great email from Dynojet. I know everyone is big on Bazzaz quick shifter and I am sure that they are good but they were stupid and did not make models for the 02. LOL So I went with Dynojet and I am very happy so far. I contacted Dynojet's tech support for a map that would increase my top end. I listed my upgrades and emailed them. I GOT A RESPONSE WITHIN 2 HOURS!!!! That is awesome!!! I am very happy with that. Here is a C/P from Dynojet:

All of the map files that we have created at Dynojet are tuned at all RPMs and throttle positions that the bike model has the capability to go in. This includes the highest RPMs and throttle positions where you would be at top speed.

Our predeveloped map #M405-010 is the closest to your setup that we currently have available in our map database library. The air flow characteristics between the two setups should be similar enough for the map to work for you as a starting point You also always have the option to have the bike dyno tuned and custom mapped specifically for your bike's setup and or riding style if you like at one of our approved tuning centers in your local area if you want to get it 100% optimized. Also, if you have the PC5 unit you could utilize the Auto-tune accessory to make a custom tune.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris

I am getting really excited. I hope this top end map runs well and I am excited about the support of Dynojet.

shit, Im gonna bring my bicycle. too much walking! but im gonna bring my lildigi camera and my contour so I can get vids!!!

me and a buddy are gonna go watch. im getting excited too

Awesome!
I will have an area set up in the paddock - You guys are all welcome to come by. I will be easy to spot - instead of an EZ Up I bought a Coleman Event Shelter:

ColemenEvent-12-Shelter-list-website_zpsbda81210.jpg

I have just seen too many EZ Ups bite the dust when the winds kick up. This seems to hold up very well and be a little more flexible. Well I'm not plugging Coleman as much as saying this shelter will be different from the others so I will be easy to spot. Hope some of you guys get a chance to stop by. :cheers:

Dynojet has AWESOME customer service

LOL
Just as I said I'm not plugging Coleman - I AM PLUGGING Dynojet. Their customer service has been incredible. Two hour answer time on emails. I bought a used Dano's Quickshifter and the guy assured me that the shift rods would match up fine. :Liar:
Well I placed an order with Dynojet Monday morning and I received the correct rods Wed afternoon. That is pretty good........Well shipping was too high IMO but they did ship it fast so I guess it balances out. I had heard that the rods were flimsy and prone to breaking but these look good.

20121017_122703.jpg

So I am extremely impressed with Dynojet. I know Bazzaz is the hot product right now - and if they would have cared to make a product for anything PRE-2006 I might have given them a try. As it was - I had to buy Dynojet and so far - I am really impressed. Customer service is the mark of a good company. I can't wait to get this shifter hooked up and I will let you guys know how it goes. LOL I'm really excited about this. I have wanted a quickshifter for a long time. :sinister:

I was happy when the UPS girl (who is pretty damn good looking) dropped off my package today - it was just what I was looking for but just one day too late (I start my 7 day work week today - :ugh:).
I am however extremely happy to have what I think is the next to last piece of equipment that I need to compete in the race on the 26th. LOL Plus finishing the safety wiring - those little drill bits break pretty easily. :D
Here is the Lanyard Style Kill Switch. They were very specific to the Lanyard style.

20121018_210155_zps59864dc6.jpg

This seems to be a quality piece and received very good reviews online. LOL I am trying real hard to get good stuff so I only have to buy this stuff ONCE. Then I will not have to go shopping before every race.

Last edited:
Back