I Registered to Race in the Texas Mile Oct 26 !!!!

I have been trying to work it out time wise but I never could do it. Well this year finally worked out and I'm in.

TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT

imagesqtbnANd9GcTk-3WAqLHEtmL0oEsqPVnU_HnKN1ENmIPNIelfTqXS_YuOaV0l.jpg

LOL
Registration began at 2pm and when I fineshed registering at 2:08pm - I was the 68th racer. LOL I think there are going to be a TON of people. WOOOHOOO!!!!
Well I'm taking my 2002 Yamaha R1 and I will be racing in the "Modified" division.
My class cannot go over 190mph so even though I will not win - I do think I have a chance to make a good showing....and have a bunch of fun.
Here is a pic of my bike:

20120323_182520.jpg

I will head down to Beeville Thur night and set everything up. Hopefully get to meet a few people and socialize a little before we all hit the hay.
I am expecting to see a TON of Hyabusas and the new ZX's. LOL Also can't wait to see the motorcycles that have turbos and NOS set up. I will NOT be in their class (so to speak) but I am really excited about seeing everyone else run also.

There had better be a camera pointed at that speedo and I don't mean the one you like to wear. Have a great time can't wait to read the report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There had better be a camera pointed at that speedo and I don't mean the one you like to wear. Have a great time can't wait to read the report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh great!! Now I have to have 2 cameras!!! :tup:
I can't wait - I have redlined all my bikes but I will get to hold it at a top speed and ENJOY the feeling.........without worrying about hitting someone/something. This is going to be sweet!!!!

Yes! I second that. I'd like to see some onboard vids of a near 200mph run! Awesome. Best of luck to you Carl! Make us proud!!! :yes:

Thanks!!!
I am so pumped up!! I have been trying to do this for 2 years and I am so psyched about FINALLY getting the chance to do it.
I will go full throttle - I promise you that :tup:

That will make for some killer video. Are you planing any changes to the r1 for the mile?

I actually need to pick up a camera - LOL - I don't have one yet.
The bike is heavily modded already. Just the track body kit alone dropped a BUNCH of weight. It's really more set up for track days than drag racing (I suppose this is long distance drag racing) HAHAHA!!!!
With the exception of NOS or a Turbo I really can't think of anything else that I can do to it. LOL I am combing over it everyday to see if I can drop any weight at all.

What about a tooth up on the front sprocket? do you think the bike would have enough ass to hit the limiter in sixth gear with a bigger front?

I doubt it would be able to do that unless it's putting out some serious power. I doubt a stock R1 ever redlined 6th gear in stock form...

Believe me if I could get the time off I would do it in a heart beat!

I beleve there is a mile event in Ohio. The maxton mile and its put on by the E.C.T.A..East Coast Timing Assoc. I think the E.C.T.A. does one a month but I am not sure where I think they go all around the coast. My buddy is talking about taking his busa to it that put down a little over 400hp at the tire. It would be alittle closer for you.

Last edited:
I doubt it would be able to do that unless it's putting out some serious power. I doubt a stock R1 ever redlined 6th gear in stock form...

I am going to drop a Power Commander in the R1. This will be my 1st one as I'm a Gen 1 guy - Do you guys have any ideas on what map I should run?

I read the link and it says there is a 1/2 mile shut down. i beleve that is what my local drag strip has. My buddy is running in the high 170s in the quater and he has to shut it down pretty quickly and get on the brakes at the finish to get her stoped. If you were to hit 190mph rougthly 275 feet per second(thats fast when you think of it like that) and stay in it for two seconds after the finish it would burn up 550 feet of your 1640. Just in the time it will take to get out of it and on the brakes will probley eat up a few hundred feet. Stay safe man. (I will stand corrected on my math,i am not a wiz at it.)

Last edited:
Back