• Other

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HJC FS-10
hjc_fs-10.jpg

Just arrived today HJC IS-16
HJC_IS-16_Solid_Helmet_Matte_Black_zoom.jpg

Yes, I like that it has that integrated sun visor. How do you like it? Is it really functional? By the way I have the EXO-700.

The sun visor and the air pads are two really good things this helmet has. The sun visor is pretty good. It comes down low enough to block the sun but it does have plenty of room between it and your face. If you have your normal visor open you do get wind that comes up between it and your face so you want to keep your regular visor down to keep any debris from blowing into your eyes. It is dark enough for most people but could be a little darker for those very sunny days. when retracted it is completely out of the way so no problems there. As for the air pads they are nice to snug the helmet to the sides of your head so that you can get that perfect fit. Another good thing is that the helmet is very light weight even though it looks a little big and heavy. The normal visor is truly anti-fog. I put it to the test two mornings in a row (40 and 33 deg F with very foggy conditions) and the visor did not fog at all. There was a thin layer of moisture that made it slightly blurry but nothing that causes big problems like a fogged visor. Over all I am very happy with it.

I just got the AGV S4 in blue/white. I love it! Excellent fit/finish, vents are good, and can't beat the price. I paid $155 from amazon.com and its a carbon kevlar/comp shell just like the AGV TiTech but 1/4 the price...

Just got my IS-Max solid gloss black and it is great! First modular helmet and it is quite convenient. Everyone else calls me an "old man" for having one. Haha. I think it is quite convenient. Been down twice in an HJC helmet and my girl has been down with one as well. HJC has my loyalty so I will stick with them.

Helmets

Typically, because of the shape of my head, an
HJC or KBC are the only two helmets that feel right as far as interior comfort. Presently though I have a nice little number made by Fulmer. It's a black Modular type. And while I like the flip up face and additional flip up lens, they are a bit noisy in that by the nature of the front bottom chin area. I needed a new helmet for some time now to take over where my worn HJC and KBC's left off. But I will also be getting a full face HJC in short order for the warmth factor......the windyness of the modulars is part of the noise factor and the full face should quell that.

ive got a shoei xr1000 for weekend riding and i bought a cheapie agv k3 rossi replica for work and back cos the otherone is too expensive to get kicked around at work

Shoei X-11, it fits great moves a lot of air, rarely fogs and looks good too! The shields are pricy when you are wearing the spectra shields but they are worth it! I am looking at getting an X-12, but it the X-11 gets clearanced out, I just might have to pick up another!

I also wear an IS-16 but I'm unsure if I like it. Fit is good and what not, but the snaps keep coming undone inside. Not sure if I like the quailty of the padding.

Might step up to an Arai.

FLYnLOW, can I get a large version of your avatar?

I got my new helmet the scorpion EXO-1000. This is a nice one. I love it!!

View attachment 1118

They are freaking heavy compared to other lids. On the plus side they are the only lid I am aware of that has the drop down goggles that is both DOT and Snell certified. The HJC IS-16 and FS-10 are only DOT. I like the reviews of the HJC better than Scorpion but I really want the Snell certification for a lid since it is required at the track. I am interested in the Scorpion but my only concern is the weight and airflow issues mentioned in reviews.

Scorpion Exo 1000 Review

HJC IS-16 Review

Last edited:
I just upgraded from a Scorpion EXO700 to a Shoei RF1100
51RFzo3JL_SS500_.jpg
. Oh my Jesus, what a difference. I loved my Scorpion but now it is my helmet that I keep at work when I have to ride customers bikes.

Back