Had to be done

I wish Butthead! I've got 15 more years before that happens..... unless I pick the right 6 numbers. :D

Lucky you, I have 25 years left to go.... Daughter is about to start school so must get another bike before funds disappear....

Myself, have had sailing experience in yachts, crewed out the CYCSA in the twighlight series on several trailer sailers and competed in several across the gulf races to Vincent although its been a few years now, but now days stick with power boats/tinnies and fish, or try to at least

Where do you race, north or south

Not that its relevant but had a decent lunch at the Manly Skiff Club just before Christmas

I used to sail keel boats as well, did a fair few offshores and twilights, but there are a lot of guys down there with a lot of money and no sailing ability, plus the skiffs are way faster and more of a challenge to sail fast.

I sail out of Adelaide Sailing club at west beach. I have done nationals all over the country but they are becoming less frequent now that I have a young family.

I retired early at 55 a couple of years ago, took advantage of the born prior to 1960 rule which enabled, access to superannuation

But with everything there are trade off's when I was working, in the local energy industry I was money rich and time poor, and now that situation has reversed, which isn't too bad as I can ride any time during the week but expenditure on bike mods and other hobbys have taken a back seat

The guy I sailed with I worked with,he built some of the boats we sailed on from plans and refurbished others, he'd been sailing all his life started at 16 with hobie cats, quite right about the amount of money down there, some of those guys boats are worth more than my house.

Here I sit looking out the window, thinking of another ride as dark clouds are gathering to the north west, hmmmmm

Everything is very good, other than the time of year!!! Aching for winter to end and start riding. Checked in again today, this forum is almost dead now eh? Too bad, used to be a bunch of great people when it started.

Last edited:
yep, winter in the northern hemisphere has really slowed it down. perfect riding for us down here and winter doesn't really slow us down unless it's bucketing down... no snow here.

Me, I get really depressed once the bike goes away for the winter. It's not the cold that bothers me. It's when you get a lousy inch of snow and they salt the hell out of the roads. Then the next week it's in the low 50's and I can't bring the bike out. That salt ruins everything. As for the site, I'll probably be on little bit more now, checking in with our Aussie friends whom are going into their summer months, those lucky guys!

Last day in Saudi here, I am looking forward to getting home and enjoying the good weekend weather. Hopefully I'll get out for a ride and get over the jetlag.

Me, I get really depressed once the bike goes away for the winter. It's not the cold that bothers me. It's when you get a lousy inch of snow and they salt the hell out of the roads. Then the next week it's in the low 50's and I can't bring the bike out. That salt ruins everything. As for the site, I'll probably be on little bit more now, checking in with our Aussie friends whom are going into their summer months, those lucky guys!

A great cure for that sort of depression is to move to the southwest. ;-)

Back