Great site.. any suggestions on 2008 FZ1 Upper fairings??

tdaddy

I need to replace my upper fairing cowl. I have researched and prices that I have found range from $170 on fleabay to $344 for oem plus cost of decals on other sites. Has anyone ever bought a replacement upper fairing for their fz1 off fleabay? The u.s. seller on there says it's the same as oem...and comes with the decals. For less than half the price of oem I'm debating on buying one.

Another question does anyone know if there is any difference between the 2006 and 2008 Fz1 upper fairing? Any difference in the dark red metallic between these years? Sites are listing the 2006 upper fairing oem for $240 plus decals.. 2008 is $344 plus decals..

Oem or not? Thanks again for any and all responses!

You can find the Yamaha paint codes online to know if there's any difference in the colours. My first hunch is no.
A site like this would work although it's not strictly OEM: Yamaha Motorcycle Paint - ColorRite

I'm not sure how good the 'OEM match' aftermarket fairings would be. We have a few people here that have used aftermarket add-ons but I can't recall ever reading about someone switching their upper.

Welcome to the site!

HI and welcome aboard
as far as I was aware the upper fairings were all the same ,,,, happy to be corrected though !!

Thanks for the replies. The concensus is that the red paint from 2006 to 2008 is the same from other sites.. I'm just not sure if I should spend the extra cash to get the oem upper fairing. Wish someone on here could tell me if they have used gen 2 non oem upper fairing..

Thanks for the replies. The concensus is that the red paint from 2006 to 2008 is the same from other sites.. I'm just not sure if I should spend the extra cash to get the oem upper fairing. Wish someone on here could tell me if they have used gen 2 non oem upper fairing..

It's not an FZ1, but I replaced the same type of upper cowling on my SV650S. I went with OEM just because I've rarely heard about proper fitment with anything other than that. The cowl also came with the stickers already on. It'd be such a kick in the balls to spend that money and have to wiggle/jiggle/cut etc the non-oem cowl in there...

Back