GIpro X-type gear indicator custom install....

Agreed, unless you are running a business that had done countless such jobs and has a warranty to back it up .. This is not for the faint-hearted ... I would still like to find someone that does this professionally.

It might pay to go to a vintage car site. There must be "Instrument Makers" out there somewhere and a vintage car site would be in need of them. A not to old one would probably not have a problem with this.

Nice job Blanchy. There was room for improvement and you took care of it. It does look superb now. Maybe you can post a shot of the dash "head on" with the gauges lit?
Took a couple both are taken when turning the ignition on so the Indicator goes through the numbers while the tach sweeps etc.

The first shows gear 9 because no flash was used so its a slow exposure. You never see anything but 1-23456. You can see the tach needle sweep also. Just posted this one cause it looks cool.

001-2.jpg

The next one with a flash

002-3.jpg

Thats just the slow exposure overlapping the numbers. PS I had enough trouble counting to 6. Ballmead did you bother with the shift light function? I can only see that being useful on the drag strip. If I'm up it that much I think I'll be looking at the road.

Last edited:
Thats just the slow exposure overlapping the numbers. PS I had enough trouble counting to 6. Ballmead did you bother with the shift light function? I can only see that being useful on the drag strip. If I'm up it that much I think I'll be looking at the road.

Nah, I didn't set it up. Not much point really.

PS in the post mk11

The last pic in my original Mark11 post is a video. I thought it would show that but it just looks like a pic. Did an edit to say so.

Well Craig your second effort was well worth it mate! That came out looking very professional and it looks like it was installed at the factory. If I had more free time I would take this on...maybe one of these days ;)

Well Craig your second effort was well worth it mate! That came out looking very professional and it looks like it was installed at the factory. If I had more free time I would take this on...maybe one of these days ;)
Forgive my ignorance but is Northern NJ Nth New Jersey? If so don't you get Hurricanes or bad storms late in summer? If so when its forecast to rain for a week then go at it. I would not have done half the stuff on my bike if the weather here was a normal summer. We've had heaps of rain.

Hi Scottyd

Where can I buy me 1 of them and how much? (not mechanically minded)
Hi Zap, I'm not Scottyd (he's gone quiet of late) but I did do the Mod. You can't just buy it, I suggest you go back to the start of the thread and see the progression.

Forgive my ignorance but is Northern NJ Nth New Jersey? If so don't you get Hurricanes or bad storms late in summer? If so when its forecast to rain for a week then go at it. I would not have done half the stuff on my bike if the weather here was a normal summer. We've had heaps of rain.

Yes, I was referring to Nth NJ...lol. Hurricanes don't typically reach us, but occasionally one does and we do get rain. However, in the Summer it's very, very rare to have rain for a week here.

I will probably get to this mod later this year. I've been wanting a gear indicator for along time, but wanted something that was somewhat integrated and this fits the bill perfectly ;)

Sorry folks, I was on holidays with the family on the gold coast....

Only 4 weeks and I'll be home... and mad modding time it will be! :D

After seeing your upgrades there Craig, I'm going to get myself a dremel and cut out the original panel like you've done... may even angle the hole....

Last edited:
Back