FZ1 Riders Show us your baby!!

Amazing Grip!

Here's my ride in the show room.

P2030001.jpg

P2030002.jpg

P2030003.jpg

That last shot....OMG those tyres grip like a cat... to keep it up there like that..:jk: One good turn.

Actually, From the owners manual and the pics I think its got Dunlop D221's on it. Are they good tyres compared to the Michelin Pilot's?

Don't know about D221, got them on mine too, but I have not tried them yet. I got the bike, exactly like yours, just when winter started so still 0 kms on the clock. Last mod is a Rizoma handlebar and LSL mounts.

My 03 FZ1

I've had it since Tuesday. I'm starting to really like how it feels and performs!:sport12:

The paint is a custom Champange color, with all decals and badges gone.

Earl

Last edited:
Yeah silver was stupid!

Where do the slate colored exhaust covers come from, some are silver and others seem to match the bike? The bike I am picking up has the silver colored ones.

The red Gen 2's had the wierd silver accents. Now the 2010 candy red has the black accents. Here is my 08 that I have been blacking out to match a 2010.

Nice bars

Don't know about D221, got them on mine too, but I have not tried them yet. I got the bike, exactly like yours, just when winter started so still 0 kms on the clock. Last mod is a Rizoma handlebar and LSL mounts.

Nice mod! Question do the bars have the holes drilled for the throttle, kill/start and turn signals. I have been playing with the positioning of the stock bars but unless you trim the set tabs off you cant do much.

Nice mod! Question do the bars have the holes drilled for the throttle, kill/start and turn signals. I have been playing with the positioning of the stock bars but unless you trim the set tabs off you cant do much.

No, you have to drill the holes. It takes some time to line up everything to position the holes, 3 of them. I think it's OK to brake the tabs on the switch housings, but I wouldn't do that on the throttle housing, it's a safety issue.

No, you have to drill the holes. It takes some time to line up everything to position the holes, 3 of them. I think it's OK to brake the tabs on the switch housings, but I wouldn't do that on the throttle housing, it's a safety issue.

Thanks. I did remove the switch tabs and put a small piece of rubber on the bar for tightness. Now they can move in any direction. I think I will line up my bar and drill a new hole for the throttle.

Back