FZ1 Riders Show us your baby!!

96d0b75b9ad222763178216ee0a666fa_1f0.jpg

This is my Fizzy after a couple of days of angry beaver paint work.

Before

c6fa1a528e23cdf51327acd884fb5a6d_c58.jpg

I bought this one cheap, with rash but without keys....and no, it wasn't stolen.

My idea was to make a naked streetfighter

9caf58085f8d025ab48b5bacddb4c9af_bcf.jpg

but here's a long sad story.

On the ride back home from a gathering in Dawson city, the final drive in my BMW GS did what they seem to do best-puke up the bearing in the final drive. SInce I have this week off and the weather in nice, I wanted to go riding so I did a 20 footer paint job, put the bike back together and went for a very nice check ride today, only a couple hundreds miles worth.

It may get the naked streetfighter treatment this winter, depends on if I can find a way to warm up my shop. In the summer I'd rather ride.

Love the pictures....and what is the rear cowl off of for your streetfighter?

Also would like to know if you still have the black fairing and might be willing to part with it?? (don't waste anytime around hear looking for extras....let me know)

Welcome to the forum!

Adam

Last edited:
The rear cowl is from a Ducati superlight. As for the black fairing, it is now a sunburst orange fairing....and the corner is missing off the right side. A DPO laid the bike down at least once. So I will be of no help whatsover, I'm afraid.

What did you have to do to make it fit? I would so like to be able to eliminate the passenger seat and go with the look you have on your streetfighter.

Adam

I should probably clarify here!

The streetfighter is a mockup only. At this point in time, there is no assembled streetfighter, I ended up putting the Fizzy back together. In the future, though, there could be a streetfighter.

As for the fit of the rear cowl-basically, I stripped the rear of the bike to the frame. The Ducati cowl fit over the frame rails very closely, and the rear of the cowl hid the rear part of the frame.

I have to admit that I'm actually thinking of going the other way if I want to change the machine. Maybe a set of lowers?

Or maybe I'll dual sport it. :rmwl:

To continue-the seat came off this bike

2663338280c1451f498f0ae7484219fc_a82.jpg

Ducati 900SS/SP that a previous owner had made into a more vintage/classic cafe style bike, lovely to look at but borderline ridable on the street. I redid the bike into a standard style-

a48eb97c7d40d1d933cad917e29834a0_1e6.jpg

but kept the fairing and rear seat.

The pipes on that bike were awesome. Basically empty stainless steel cones, they would set off car alarms. But the sound of that Ducati twin through those pipes was like the merciless hammerings of the lesser dieties, the best sound a bike has ever made.

I warned you guys about the pictures.

Last edited:
Well, I'm lovin' it! What is it that you do to allow yourself the luxury of working on soo many different types of motorcycles?

BTW, feel free to check out the BOM (within the forum and picture gallery) and post up what you have had, presently have, or are gong to have.

I have obtained a set of lowers (black -- and I haven't had time to mount them yet Billy (FZ1riderNY) but I don't know the final verdict yet...on if they'll stay or pass them onto someone else and go for just the lower bellypan and who knows?

Adam

Well, I'm lovin' it! What is it that you do to allow yourself the luxury of working on soo many different types of motorcycles?

I am a man of modest means, really. I'm always on the lookout for a bargain, I'll ride it and fool with it and mod it and then sell it. Usually I come out ahead on the bike and materials but if you figure in my hourly rate I'm working really cheap! It's all in fun and cheap entertainment, beats going to the bar every night.

The Ducati, for example-bought for $2700, sold for $3400, and kept the fairing and seat. I used the seat as a mold to build up another bike, the "Frankenbeezer" , BSA 650 twin in a Yamaha XS500 frame, bought that for $750, sold for $1400.

Oh yeah-the FrankenBeezer in the final incarnation.

4657890f82d356f6fb5795d4c896d3a7_09d.jpg

I'm liking it brother! With the lighting in the photo, it almost looks as if the blue on the tank fades back to "black". It's probably the lighting but at the same time it's an idea. It actually looks really hot. Cobalt fading to a super dark blue (almost black). Hmmm???

I'm liking it brother! With the lighting in the photo, it almost looks as if the blue on the tank fades back to \"black\". It's probably the lighting but at the same time it's an idea. It actually looks really hot. Cobalt fading to a super dark blue (almost black). Hmmm???

I think that is why I like this color so much. It changes in the light from different angles, sometimes looking brighter blue and as you see, sometimes black. :D

Got you thinking about a color change? ;)

Well, not sure. I've always been a fan of the fading effect, and the black on my ride has seen better days. Hmm?? There may be something in the works down the line. I'll make a decision just before winter for sure. I'm a really big fan of the "BumbleBee" too!

I would love to get that retro kit and swap them out for different events. I'm a huge fan of that one as well.

I didn't have the $$$ but a guy was selling the entire cobalt blue kit after installing the retro for $500. I could have bought it and painted it retro!

I would love to get that retro kit and swap them out for different events. I'm a huge fan of that one as well.

I didn't have the $$$ but a guy was selling the entire cobalt blue kit after installing the retro for $500. I could have bought it and painted it retro!

I know! Not having $$$$ seems to be the norm for me these days.

Back