Set engine at 5000 RPM.
Lean forward and release clutch.
Hold throttle wide open
Shift at 11000 RPM 5 times.

If it does not "Feel" fast:
A- Something is wrong with your bike.
B- You weigh over 400 lbs.
C- You are a troll.
Lol so true. I will add find a rural road not much traffic and as smitty said rip it through the gears shifting at red line, if your balls are big enough to do it on the rural road keep her pinned in 6th gear too

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I think it's like the chart Dustin posted, i think i'm confusing horsepower and torque. The torque feels the same across the rpm range, and that's probably the pull I'm feeling. I also might be thinking it has more pull lower because the difference between 20mph and 40 mph feels so much more significant than 80 and 100. do you know what i mean? like if you are going 20 it feels pretty slow and if you accelerate quickly to 40 you start to get some speed and really notice the difference. but once you are going fast, say 80, the difference to accelerate to 100 doesn't feel as significant, even though you increased you speed by the same amount.

i'll keep experimenting. i'm sure there isn't anything wring with the bike. so if i lean forward, set the rpm at 5000 in first and let go of the clutch quick it had better not wheelie on me. i'm going riding now. will report back tonight. if i can't figure it out i'll post a video tomorrow of me riding.

I'm pretty sure it has more power up top now. Been quiet in here by the way.

I was on the highway playing back and forth with this guy on a 600 and he was in the lower gears an opened it up and took off. I was down around 4000 and with the bigger bike still didn't have a chance.

I guess it just feels different, but it is definitely faster up high.

The dyno graph tells the tale. You've only got 45 horsepower on tap at 4000 rpm. If you took off starting at 7000 or 8000 rpm, you'd have more than twice as much available power.

Like I said before: bring your bike up to 7000 rpm and then twist the throttle until it hits the stop. Report your findings.

all at once or gradually? I'm going out briefly now. can i just stay in first and get on the highway, and once i get to 7000 rpm hit full throttle? i don't want to wheelie. i'll go give it a try.

how long do you need to allow for warming up before hard riding like this do you think?

Back