Bridgestone T30

Dustin

Well, I got my T30s today and will get them mounted up over the weekend and report back.

ZzRFFutl.jpg

I have been running one up front for about 3k miles. Very similar feel to the Predsessor tire the BT023.

Same goes for the rear, I just got that one replaced a few weeks ago, only have like 500 miles on it so far. I am really hoping to get more life out of this new compound over the last one, thought 11k miles on a rear is not too shabby.

I'm really looking forward to fresh T30s. My defective Avon front tire is feeling pretty shitty. Not very confidence inspiring with the front of the bike wandering all over the place

My T30s are on and I'm about to head up for the traditional ride to Squamish I give all new tires

Update: Initial impressions are great. The feel is similar to the BT-023 I had on prior to these Avons. The bump absorption seems better, especially at the front. Side grip is great and provides good feedback. I've only got about 200 km or so on these and will update after a few thousand

Note to self: Installed at 66,000 km

Last edited:
I've had my T30's on for the last 3 weeks now and can only say there the muts nuts for a touring tyre, better than the pr2 Michelins I had on. They are ace in the bends, stick like shit to a blanket..! I'm running mine at 36psi front and 36psi rear. I've tried the rear at 40psi then 38psi but found 36psi gives more feel and once warmed up its just incredible for a sport touring tyre. I wouldn't believe it was a spt it feels more sport to me. Let's see how they last on the shoulders after a few K's on them.

I'm trying to decide between the S20's, T30's, PR4's or PP3's. I've had PR3's and been happy, I have PP3's right now and love them, but I don't know what mileage I'll get yet. I'm thinking of trying some Bridgestone tires because I've had Michelin tires so far. I won't need new tires until next year, maybe mid season. I'll try to post some pics of my PP3's on that thread and note mileage.

Wet use?
My T30's are just fantastic in the wet, no slips at all yet and that's from cold too. Once warm they grip like fk on wet roads. I'm happy with them, even leaned over in the wet they feel secure. I would defiantly buy them again if they wear good too.

OK, 2500 km on these tires now. I rode in the rain a lot over the weekend and can vouch for the wet grip. On my trip home from Oregon, I spent about 3 hours in the rain with temperatures around 2 c (35 f) and plenty of rain. No trouble with grip and there was a good sense of what the front end was doing most of the time. I did have a few 'moments' descending into Portland from the mountain pass. Uneven, broken pavement from ongoing construction would upset my bike a lot and I would tense up, making it worse. The tires held on despite the rider input. :)

There's no noticeable wear on the rear tire yet, tire life should be as good as the BT-023. Bridgestone claims 20% more mileage than the 023s; we'll see.

Oh, and my Bridgestone $40 prepaid Visa rebate is going to be in the mail soon. With that $40 rebate, these tires cost me less than $200 shipped. Phenomenal deal

Last edited:
Just ordered a set of T30's from RockyMountainATV.

Got sick of replacing tyres after 5-6k klms, so hopefully these
will last a while longer.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I've used all those tires with the exception IIf the T30s. As of right now PR4 Is my favorite for fun time grip and mileage. It is a great balance between the ride/mileage of the PR3 and the PP3 grip for a street performance tire. Looking back the S20 seemed a little soft and to wear quickly by comparison to the PP3.

I'm interested in the T30 but I'm going to wait for my PR4's to go. I want to see if the last 2-3,000 miles if the rear gets slippery or not, likely due to so many heat cycles.

Just ordered a set of T30's from RockyMountainATV.

Got sick of replacing tyres after 5-6k klms, so hopefully these
will last a while longer.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ballmead how did you go with shipping and the falling aussie dollar? I see BikeBiz are offering the Bridgestone T30 for AUD$449 a pair. Also keen to know how you like em. I still have the Michelin PR3s which I really like but always looking at other options. Thanks.

Ballmead how did you go with shipping and the falling aussie dollar? I see BikeBiz are offering the Bridgestone T30 for AUD$449 a pair. Also keen to know how you like em. I still have the Michelin PR3s which I really like but always looking at other options. Thanks.

I get them landed for $372 AUD and I can get them fitted/balanced to my rims for $30, so I still did ok out of it.

I'll post a ride review in here once I run them on my favourite roads.

Back