2015 yamaha fj-09

The fueling issues has been fix already. Yamaha has a flash upgrade out for 2014 and all 2015 come with it. Not has smooth as a custom flash but most people are happy with it. If you keep the bike in the ECO mode you get 47-50 MPG bone stock (45 @ 80-90 MPH on mine) so with a 4.8 gal tank 200 miles range won't be an issue.

To ke I could have live w/o the ABS or TC for 1K cheaper bike but I understand some wants it. At 10.5K cruise control would have been nice.

To me, this seems like the natural progression of the FZ1 as we know it. There is the FZ09 (Naked) and the FJ09 (touring). Good mileage, good looks, many purposes.

I liked this:

Additional Features:
The main seat section can be adjusted to two height positions without using tools. The 2 positions are at 15mm increments.
A center stand is standard on the FJ-09 for added rider convenience when parking or doing maintenance.
A 12V electric outlet (on the side of the instrument panel) is standard as an additional convenience.

Optional Hard Luggage:

FJ09 with Bags.jpg

I wonder if Yamaha will make larger bags that will attach on there?

As for dual purpose, it is almost setup to be a cross-over for Adventure bikes, but without better protection to the underside I would not want to risk it. I think if you want an adventure bike, buy a purpose built one. This bike is meant for the streets.

I wonder how comfortable that seat is gonna be.....?

I understand that they look like pseudo-dual sports but I think they aren't really intended or at least useful as such. Bikes like the Versys, Multistrada, this FJ-09 or the NC700X are simply (I think) just the resurgence of the UJM with modern adornments. I think these bikes have typically reasonable seat heights, unlike dual sports or 'adventure bikes' (V-Strom, BMW GS, etc); combined with the 17 wheels and low(er) travel suspension, they make great every day rides, like a UJM

I've only owned one old school UJM, an '81 GS650E so I don't have much experience on them as some of you guys might. You must have ridden your fair share of UJMs, eh Pete?

Last edited:
Thanks for the Video Dustin. I really like it. Seems like it will be a great buy for someone like me that commutes and does a small amount of touring. Good all around bike.

The fueling issues has been fix already. Yamaha has a flash upgrade out for 2014 and all 2015 come with it. Not has smooth as a custom flash but most people are happy with it. If you keep the bike in the ECO mode you get 47-50 MPG bone stock (45 @ 80-90 MPH on mine) so with a 4.8 gal tank 200 miles range won't be an issue.

To ke I could have live w/o the ABS or TC for 1K cheaper bike but I understand some wants it. At 10.5K cruise control would have been nice.
CC included in 10.5K. Asking too much IMHO... D-Mode, TCS, ABS, LED headlights, handguards, hardbag mounts, power outlet, adjustable seat and windshield is already pretty good deal.

One thing I didn't understand though.a 50 lb gain from centerstand, fairing, tcs, abs?

Last edited:
Part of the weight gain is the extra gallon (1.1, actually :) ) of fuel which is 8.5 lbs. A centre stand is certainly heavy and of course all the bodywork & I'm sure subframe reinforcements to take two people + luggage + more

I think $10,500 is pretty damn good value for what you get

Shaft drive would have required a lot of changes. It is basically an Fz9 with very minor changes to mount the fairing and a different gs tank. Maybe there will be a true fjr9 at some point. Still the engine is great and I am sure it will sell because it is much lighter compared to other brands similar models.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen this bike in person ? I seen a pic of the production bike in a wine color and i really like it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw one Saturday at the Sacramento dealer. All boat. I liked it, but with only 11k on my 08, if with be a tough sell to the wife.

She wants us to get an FJ1300 or BMW with a trunk to lean against. After 60 minutes on the back of my FZ1, she is tired of bike riding.

Why don't you put a top case on the FZ1? You can get Givi cases with a nice backrest pad on it. My girlfriend enjoys leaning against the top case on my VFR

Back