What did you do to your FZ today?

dodger06: All things considered, you came out ok from that ordeal! It could have been a lot worse. Get 'er fixed up and you'll be back on the bike in no time!

On another note, that's one rusty chain! Eek! Those things are pretty important, you should take better care of it. ;)

Put on my ZG Touring Screen and Proton Flush mounts (re-wired the pod lights w/ the protons).

fz1-4.jpg

fz1-3.jpg

fz1-2.jpg

Hm, I really like that look. I need to see if I can search on how to do that. the extra lights in the corner of the headlight and the turn signals just staying on.

Jeez Dodger! Sorry you had an off but glad to see that the damage was minimal! That is was we call a successful drop. Now that the monkey is off your back, it's YEARS of great riding ahead! :tup:

RE: FZ1 today

Just finished up (today) fabricating and installing the brightest rear brake-flashers I have yet to see on a motorcycle. They are made by Whelen (a USA company) and they are large-LED lights that act like strobes and the model shown here is-TI3-R and are 1-watt LED's (three of them with reflectors) in a pod with 12 different light sequences to toggle thru. They are available in the RED that I have pictured here and also in white, blue and amber too. The COMET Flash that I use pulses three times with a slight hold on the third flash, then a pause, then so-on and so-on as long as you hold the brake on. If they run you over with these bad boys flashing they are absolutely undeniably blind. These are incedibly bright and show up for blocks and blocks, in broad daylight, and, MUCH further than that of course, in the dark of night ! I believe they were developed for law enforcement use and are designed for heavy-duty abuse out in the elements.
I now have these high-powered LED's installed on all four my motorcycles and the comments I get on them are just incedible. Be sure to check your local laws concerning possible brake-light restrictions. I got these on-line from strobesnmore.com and they are abit expensive but well worth the cost in my opinion. Admin.- if this needs to move to the MOD's section, please feel free to move it for me.:innocent0002:

Thanks for all the support. Planning on ordering the new parts either tonight or tomorrow. Getting new levers and sliders, then gonna get a new handlebar and bar ends while I'm at it. I did get pretty lucky with only minimal injury and damage.

Gonna try these levers:
Brake Clutch Lever Yamaha FZ1 FAZER 2001 02 03 04 05 - eBay (item 290453588642 end time Dec-09-10 05:24:27 PST)

As far as the chain goes, I know it's pretty nasty. Been since about August (and around 900 miles) since I've been able to clean it and it's been sitting outside while I'm here at college (try to cover it any time it rains). Taking it home this weekend and gonna clean it up and winterize it then put it away for the winter. The snow is coming soon and I don't want to ride in that stuff...

Just finished up (today) fabricating and installing the brightest rear brake-flashers I have yet to see on a motorcycle. They are made by Whelen (a USA company) and they are large-LED lights that act like strobes and the model shown here is-TI3-R and are 1-watt LED's (three of them with reflectors) in a pod with 12 different light sequences to toggle thru. They are available in the RED that I have pictured here and also in white, blue and amber too. The COMET Flash that I use pulses three times with a slight hold on the third flash, then a pause, then so-on and so-on as long as you hold the brake on. If they run you over with these bad boys flashing they are absolutely undeniably blind. These are incedibly bright and show up for blocks and blocks, in broad daylight, and, MUCH further than that of course, in the dark of night ! I believe they were developed for law enforcement use and are designed for heavy-duty abuse out in the elements.
I now have these high-powered LED's installed on all four my motorcycles and the comments I get on them are just incedible. Be sure to check your local laws concerning possible brake-light restrictions. I got these on-line from strobesnmore.com and they are abit expensive but well worth the cost in my opinion. Admin.- if this needs to move to the MOD's section, please feel free to move it for me.:innocent0002:
Pilot, that looks great!! I want to replace the reflector on my fender for LEDs to tie in with the brake light, might need to check those out.

Installed the MIVV carbon slip on I bought from Mtn. Surfer. Amazing how much lighter it is compared to the stock exhaust. Hope it'll be warm enough tomorrow to take it round the block (a few times :D )

Replaced my tail light bulbs...again! Apparently the Sylvania LL bulbs from wal mart don't stand for long life but little life. This time I went to pep boys and got some 1w leds. Can't tell the difference between those and regular bulbs.

DSCF4166.JPG

Running:
DSCF4168.JPG

Braking:
DSCF4169.JPG

Sylvania on the left, LED on the right (off center so not a fair comparison. The other bulb blew the running light when I got the led in right so no real comparison.)
DSCF4164.JPG
DSCF4165.JPG

Back