What did you do to your FZ today?

Very nice Billy! I need to locate "that guy" up my way and get some parts in the booth. I had another fixer-upper project arrive in the mail today but I'm keeping it secret until it is finished and installed on the bike. THEN, I'll release photos. :D

Very nice Billy! I need to locate "that guy" up my way and get some parts in the booth. I had another fixer-upper project arrive in the mail today but I'm keeping it secret until it is finished and installed on the bike. THEN, I'll release photos. :D

The photos don't do it justice. I'll have to get some shots of it out in the sunlight.

So.........not even a hint as to whats going on over there in NH???? Hmmmm????

The photos don't do it justice. I'll have to get some shots of it out in the sunlight.

So.........not even a hint as to whats going on over there in NH???? Hmmmm????

How about shots of it mounted up? :tup:

Hints.... ummmm nope. :D This was a silent deal and I need to be sure I can get it done right before I spill the beans. It's not going to be too difficult and should be done before the winter is over. If I can repair the Copperdog pods, I can get all my stuff painted at the same time. :Rockon:

I got my upper fairing back from paint today. The guy did an awesome job. With multiple coats of base and clear as well, the paint should hold up nicely to scratching. He baked it on in a booth and wet sanded and polished it to a glass like finish. The best part of the entire deal.........the price tag. It cost me "zero" dollars! Thats right, zero! I'm definitely sending my tail section to this guy during the winter for the same treatment. My friend at work knows him personally and brought it over there and told him that "he" had scratched it up while he had the bike and needed to make it up to me, so the guy told him not to worry about it. I'm now going with the GenII FZ1 badge instead of the GenI for the sides. I like the GenII design better. Partshark has them for 13 bucks for the pair.

That came out great Billy and you can't beat the price :D

RE: FZ1 today

I went shopping today for a cargo net for my black FZ1 at the local Honda/Yamaha dealer and found a 'firstgear'- tankbag on the 50% off table ! Oh yeah, it's black with reflective silver piping and has the clear map holder for a top-lid too. It really looks great perched on top of the ole- girl, and I know she feels much better for having it. :party0011:

Took the GIVIs off and parked it on the centerstand beside its little brother. I will be cleaning it, waxing it, changing the oil, plugging it into the charger and putting on the cover on the weekend for its long winter sleep. The roads are getting salted so she stays put.

Trunk

I got my corbin smuggler trunk in today. Got it used for a great price from a member here. Mounting points are a little different and fits really tight but I figured it out with the help of the seller. Love it! Rear cowl and storage all in one.

My MIVV Suono just arrived at my office!! :cowboy::D

:eek5:
IMG_5020Large.jpg

IMG_5021Large.jpg

IMG_5022Large.jpg

IMG_5023Large.jpg

IMG_5025Large.jpg

IMG_5026Large.jpg

IMG_5027Large.jpg

IMG_5042Large.jpg

IMG_5043Large.jpg

IMG_5044Large.jpg

IMG_5045Large.jpg

IMG_5046Large.jpg

IMG_5047Large.jpg

IMG_5048Large.jpg

IMG_5049Large.jpg

IMG_5050Large.jpg

Pure SEXY, that MIVV is. The bike looks fantastic. Nice pictures.:Rockon:

My wife won't let me park my Bikes in the living room........

Last edited:
Re: Mivv --wow !

HOLY -COW !! is that ever pretty (and sexy,sexy,sexy , , , , ) ! I am willing to bet that it will make you even FASTER too !
Great looking ride and the pics are great too !
I brought a go-cart into the living room once. ONLY ONCE:wilynily:

HOLY -COW !! is that ever pretty (and sexy,sexy,sexy , , , , ) ! I am willing to bet that it will make you even FASTER too !
Great looking ride and the pics are great too !
I brought a go-cart into the living room once. ONLY ONCE:wilynily:

Took it for a chilly 42 degree spin around the block and I felt like I was riding a different bike with the change to the front end. Very aggressive feel to it now. :stirpot:

Crystal clear blue skies. Not a cloud in site. 75 degrees with little humidity. I stayed inside and watched TV.

Seriously, after going to the Ren Fest this morning (yet again) I went for a short 40 mile ride and stopped at my favorite shop for an oil change. Bought a tank protector while I was there.

I can't believe I don't have pictures, but oh well... I'll post anyway. Yesterday I installed my FDB gold with black levers and put on the large Rifle windshield. (I think it's pretty ugly, but it's better cold weather protection than the stock one)

Here's a pic from the Rifle site of what the windshield looks like on an FZ1. They seem to make windshields mostly for cruisers, but this windshield was included when I bought the bike. I'm giving it a try. :confused0024: Since my bike didn't come with stock bars, (they are bent up a little), there are cutouts in the side of the windshield for the levers when the bars are turned to the end of range in either direction.

rifle_fz1_06_windshield_m1.jpg

My bike needs a bath and it's too dark to go get any good pictures now. I hope to post some soon. I'll be putting on my T-Rex sliders soon, but I need a torque wrench to install them properly. I hope to have my bike washed and shiny for some pics by then, but the weather may not work in my favor.

I also filled the tank and added Sta-Bil in case the weather keeps me off my bike for a while.

Got some new pics with the front blinkers now mounted up and new gas cap. :D

Rode around town yesterday for awhile and all I can say is DAMN THIS BIKE IS FUN!!! :cowboy:

IMG_5051Large.jpg

IMG_5054Large.jpg

IMG_5056Large.jpg

IMG_5059Large.jpg

IMG_5060Large.jpg

IMG_5067Large.jpg

IMG_5069Large.jpg

IMG_5078Large.jpg

IMG_5081Large.jpg

IMG_5082Large.jpg

IMG_5092Large.jpg

IMG_5100Large.jpg