What did you do to your FZ today?

Looks great Arnold. Me, I was over in Jersey hanging out with Tony. We were trying to get the FZ1 back together before it gets too cold here. We got alot done but we weren't finished by the time I had to head back. I took a bunch of pics but I'll wait for Tony to post his first.

I finally added my T-Rex frame sliders. I had to buy a torque wrench, some thread lock and a new socket set, so they weren't as 'cheap' as I'd hoped, but I need those tools anyway. I've thrown in some pics of my FDB levers and the Rifle windscreen too. I guess the raised bars didn't mesh with the bigger windshield, so the previous owner had to cut some notches for the levers.

My poor bike is filthy, but I just haven't been able to wash it. :( Forgive the dirt, but here's my first attempt at many attched pictures. I hope it works...

Well after many weeks of gathering parts Billy came over and we installed most of them :D...Full Yosh R-77 exhaust, Givi PLXR mounting brackets and the Yamaha full lower fairings. Billy was there most of the day and I worked on it until 5 PM (started at 9:30 AM) and still didn't finish, but it's mostly there. Here are a few pics:

Well after many weeks of gathering parts Billy came over and we installed most of them :D...Full Yosh R-77 exhaust, Givi PLXR mounting brackets and the Yamaha full lower fairings. Billy was there most of the day and I worked on it until 5 PM (started at 9:30 AM) and still didn't finish, but it's mostly there. Here are a few pics:

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????????????

You OK?

Yeah, full gear saved me completely. Took a nice tumble but I guess I can fall down right :D

Low sided on TN290. Awesome road, was on a curvy downhill left-hander, hit a broken tar patch due to which the front tire caught a bit of air and I leaned at the same time and when it landed on smooth pavement didn't hold traction. Frame sliders protected the frame, emgine, tank. Fender lip and tail handle broke, front stay bent a bit, fairing got a bit of scratches on left and cracked near the headlight corner which also broke. Need to replace fender, front and tail fairing. May as well JB-weld the tail and fender. Well, Euro naked version here I come. Popped the "Has Crashed" cherry.

Here are some pics: I am in the silver/grey jacket.
View attachment 4636

View attachment 4637

View attachment 4638

View attachment 4639

Last edited:
Yeah, full gear saved me completely. Took a nice tumble but I guess I can fall down right :D

Low sided on TN290. Awesome road, was on a curvy downhill slope, hit a broken tar patch due to which the front tire caught a bit of air and I leaned at the same time and when it landed on smooth pavement didn't hold traction. Need to replace fender, front and tail fairing. May as well JB-weld the tail and fender. Well, Euro naked version here I come. Popped the "Has Crashed" cherry.

Here are some pics: I am in the silver/grey jacket.
View attachment 4636

View attachment 4637

View attachment 4638

View attachment 4639

Sorry to hear about that. Did you have sliders? I know frame sliders don't protect everything. Just wondering. Glad you are OK. Good luck on the repairs.

Edit: I see in your sig you have T-Rex frame and axle sliders. I hope they at least protected the engine and frame. There's no really good way to protect the plastic. Again, sorry about the bike, but it can be fixed.

Last edited:

The bike came out awesome Tony. I just love the way the lowers look on the GenII bikes. I had a great time wrenching with you. Thanks for the decals and for picking up that gas tank bracket for me. I really appreciate it.

Now that looks beautiful! Post that next month!

I got home from work today and since the bike was nice and warm I decided to sync the carbs and install the gas tank hold down flange that Tony was nice enough to tack on to his Partshark order. The original one had cracked for some odd reason.

Here is the new flange installed...
IMG_0282-1.jpg

I hooked the tank up with my makeshift hoist.
IMG_0274-1.jpg

I removed all the caps easily since the AIS was removed.
IMG_0275.jpg

I attached the carb sync tool.
IMG_0277-2.jpg

I'm now ready to start the process.
IMG_0276-1.jpg

As I suspected, the carbs were way off spec.
IMG_0278-2.jpg

This short video tells the story. Everything is within spec once again and you can certainly tell. It took about 25 minutes from start to finish. If you haven't done this to your GenI bike, I suggest you do. You'll love the difference!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S001axQhyY]YouTube - FZ1 Carb Sync[/ame]

Hey Billy, I was in your neck of the woods today. I flew out of JFK at 8:00 am. Spent T-Day with my sister in the upper westside. It was my first trip to NYC and we really enjoyed it.

With the traffic in Manhattan I think a hot-rodded scooter would be just the ticket.

Hey Billy, I was in your neck of the woods today. I flew out of JFK at 8:00 am. Spent T-Day with my sister in the upper westside. It was my first trip to NYC and we really enjoyed it.

With the traffic in Manhattan I think a hot-rodded scooter would be just the ticket.

Goodness! How long were you here for? We could have met up if only for a short while! Next time let me know in advance.

I got home from work today and since the bike was nice and warm I decided to sync the carbs and install the gas tank hold down flange that Tony was nice enough to tack on to his Partshark order. The original one had cracked for some odd reason.

Here is the new flange installed...
IMG_0282-1.jpg

I hooked the tank up with my makeshift hoist.
IMG_0274-1.jpg

I removed all the caps easily since the AIS was removed.
IMG_0275.jpg

I attached the carb sync tool.
IMG_0277-2.jpg

I'm now ready to start the process.
IMG_0276-1.jpg

As I suspected, the carbs were way off spec.
IMG_0278-2.jpg

This short video tells the story. Everything is within spec once again and you can certainly tell. It took about 25 minutes from start to finish. If you haven't done this to your GenI bike, I suggest you do. You'll love the difference!

YouTube - FZ1 Carb Sync

Hey, don't get me wrong, the Gen I bikes are great, but I'm glad I have a Gen II on a 'No Carb' diet. I'm not much with a wrench.

vsh0236l.jpg
:poke:

Well I decided to taker advantage of the decent weather we had here today to finish installing my full lowers and front axle sliders. Up next are the frame sliders, which should be in during the week. Next weekend it will be time to winterize the bike :(

Wait a minute! I see the Givi Rack is missing and the exhaust is in place. What gives??? The bike looks great with the full fairing Tony. Oh, and I almost forgot, I was doing the carb sync yesterday and realized that I left the torque wrench over at your place. Do me a favor and hold onto it for me.

Back