What did you do to your FZ today?

From ebay, with the mounts I think so. I found the gander mountain link after they arrived this afternoon and I discovered what brand they are.

I got these because they are plastic. I was thinking about getting the foam ones they sell at wally world for $20 so this was definitely better. It was either these or milk jugs!

Last edited:
Pyrogenic and I made a run through the national forest. Took a shorter route because we both have some things to get done today at home. We still had a nice 130 miles or so. This is the first photo we have actually taken in the forest. We need to find a more scenic spot.

4533d1289153453-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-shnf.jpg

The following two photos are of Jeff's GenI seat cowl for FZ1inNY.
4534d1289154157-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-dsc02381.jpg

4535d1289154157-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-dsc02383.jpg

4536d1289154275-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-dsc02384.jpg

Last edited:
Season in the sun

We had joy we had fun we had a season in the sun, but like the miles that we wind, this season’s out of time. Goodnight my friend it’s time to rest. This past season really was the best. Until the time again to ride, my season’s memories will have to tide.

A sad day really, and yes I took liberties with an old song.

Took the FZ for one last ride, to warm her up for an oil change. Cleaned her really well. Added Fuel stabilizer and ran it in. Hooked up the heart monitor, and tucked her in to bed.

2010lastride.jpg

November 7th 2010. A new record for late into the year riding.

2010bedtime.jpg

undercover2010Nov.jpg

Then parked the other member of the Squadron in front of her after doing it's oil change to.

November7th2010garageday.jpg

Total mileage; 9,351 on the FZ for 2010. Total mileage on the KLR for 2010, 9,153. Total bike miles: 18,504 and counting....

Last edited:
Finally got round to fitting an OE belly pan/sub cowling. I have been trawling Ebay etc for one for ages and lo and behold a friend of mine was chopping his FZ in for a 2010 XJR, dealer wanted his FZ returned to stock... and I benefitted for the bargain sum of £100:D

I'll get a pic up soon as i want a verdict on whether to retain the silver Yamaha decal or lose it off the belly pan

Took a vid clip of the MIVV. :cowboy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcq00O3ltLw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 2006 FZ1 MIVV Suono Exhaust[/ame]

Rode mine yesterday. Today I put the Gixxer into storage for the winter in my dads garage. However I rigged my shed (at my house where I keep the FZ1) today for electricity to plug the FZ1 into the battery tender now as its getting cold at night. Still not ready to put her away yet!

I adjusted the chain, changed the oil, gettin ready for Texas winter riding! Got my new Tourmaster winter gloves yesterday, they are SWEET! This morning was cool enough I actually had to put the liner back in my jacket! I love Texas weather, AWESOME for the avid motorcyclist!

I adjusted the chain, changed the oil, gettin ready for Texas winter riding! Got my new Tourmaster winter gloves yesterday, they are SWEET! This morning was cool enough I actually had to put the liner back in my jacket! I love Texas weather, AWESOME for the avid motorcyclist!

So what's a winter day in Texas? 60 degrees? :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

A couple days ago, I ordered three of the PIAA Sport horns, one for my FZ1, one for the wife's FZ6R and one for Billy's FZ1. I had them shipped to work. Today, I have a DUH moment as I now realize they are being delivered in the middle of the week next week.... I'm on vacation all week!!!

The good news is, the guys will put it at my desk and no one here bothers a thing. We leave cups on our desks with spare change, drawers unlocked, etc... no thieves here! :tup:

So, we'll have three LOUD bikes coming right up!

Well, it was actually yesterday but...

I am no longer in the "going to crash" group of bikers. I laid my bike down around coming around a corner from a stop sign. I was accelerating on cold pavement and tires and think I hit a patch of paint. Back tire spun out and I went skidding down the road at somewhere around 20 mph. I got a scuffed up knee and that's it. I estimated about $250 to $300 damage to the bike. My sliders saved me though, as they took a majority of the hit.

Already looking at new sliders and levers. Think I'm gonna get a new handlebar and bar ends while I'm at it. Haven't looked into new pegs yet.

IMG_20101117_123423.jpg

IMG_20101117_123428.jpg

IMG_20101117_123440.jpg

IMG_20101117_123332.jpg

Last edited:
Back