What did you do to your FZ today?

I'll keep that in mind. I'm trying to envision just the edges chromed with the rest of it black. If you have a pic of any bike with this I'd love to see it.

What you're really talking about is polishing the lip of the wheel, not chroming it. Chrome on aluminum wheels doesn't last too long. Take a look here for an example of what it would look like. It's not an FZ1, but the pictures are good so you'll get a good idea of the finished product.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm trying to envision just the edges chromed with the rest of it black. If you have a pic of any bike with this I'd love to see it.

Gohot stripped his and it had a chrome like look. Here's his pics from the post:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/28596-post4.html

2254d1269012535-mods-looks-only-picture-022.jpg

Went for a nice ride with my sister this afternoon, about 50 miles or so. About 6 miles from home my engine started missing. Inspected when I got home and the far right cylinder (when on the bike) had a "cool" header pipe. Exhaust also smelt like raw gas. If anybody has any ideas (gonna check the plug first) feel free to visit this thread in the tech forum.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-i-garage-tech-help/8468-engine-missing.html#post40226

Tuning

Hello all:

I have a box-stock 06 FZ1. Does anyone know how to re-program or otherwise modify the ECU on this bike? My understanding is that this year,
(06) is unique in that the ECU can be accessed from the display panel and tinkered with directly, without aftermarket parts. Any thoughts on improved performance?

BTW, had mine to an indicated 145 MPH last night, lots of throttle left!

Hello all:

I have a box-stock 06 FZ1. Does anyone know how to re-program or otherwise modify the ECU on this bike? My understanding is that this year,
(06) is unique in that the ECU can be accessed from the display panel and tinkered with directly, without aftermarket parts. Any thoughts on improved performance?

How much faster than 145 r u trying to go? That's close to max for these bikes i think. Lots of folks here with performance knowlege, i'm not one of them

Got in a 220 mile early morning ride. And picked up a Scorpion EXO 1000 2nd hand at noon. This helmet does not even look used. I got lucky, same color and size I have been wanting. $100. Fits a little tight at the moment but it will break in.

3432d1278792076-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-scorpion-exe-1000.jpg

Today was the first day I got to use my new helmet. I loved it. Seemed a bit tight on the cheeks at first but by the time I got to work it was feeling quite comfy. Much more quite than my other helmets. The drop down sun visor was absolutely awesome on the ride home heading west. The construction, padding and finish are all top notch.

It is heavier than some other helmets but when you have a melon as big as mine you hardly notice. I have a thick neck from a lifetime of supporting this noggin.

Hello all:

According to this thread:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-gene...p-fuel-injection-without-power-commander.html

Some people seem to think it's possible to modify/map the standard ECU but the general consensus seems to be that you can only adjust the cylinder CO levels through the dash unit.

I rode her HARD today. I did my "5 over" for most of the trip. This stupid kid in an Audi A6 thought he was "all that and a bag of chips" and then Mizz Fizz opened up her can of whoop-arse and showed him that a re-badged VW isn't worth SH*T! :D

I installed a powerlet on the side to use for heated clothing and ordered another one for my handlebars to use for my phone/gps.

A few questions:
- Where'd you get it, and how much?
- Is it also capable of connecting to a battery charger? (So you don't have to remove the seat when connecting a battery charger/tender...)

I received and installed my Corbin seat, and finally got around to installing Satan's highway pegs. I'm liking them both. First impressions of the Corbin are very positive, although I'll have to put some more miles on it to really have an opinion.

The 3000 mile service has been done today.

Oil And Filter Changed
Throttle Bodies Sync'ed
Chain Cleaned And Adjusted
Nuts And Bolts Torqued As Required

I also really went nuts and gave the bike it's second wash since I bought it! I've finally removed the accumulated dirt from 2500 miles of road and track riding :wilynily:

Let's see how long it lasts!

Rode the Freaking wheels off it:yes:

Suspension all sorted, nice freshly scrubbed in BT003's, and dry roads with no wind for the first time in weeks. Coming home from work around midnight, through the hills like the hoon I am:smoking:.

Gotta laugh when you see some dude in his EVO speed up when he sees you coming up behind him...lol. Dude had just been down a 1/2 mile straight with nothing in sight behind him, goes around one bend and all of a sudden there is a bike just behind him standing on its nose...lol...like he's got a chance:retard:.

Of course I may have inadvertently popped over the speed limit at some point by a trifling amount:innocent0002:, and I'm sure I'll feel guilty about it one day.:confused0024:

Back