What did you do to your FZ today?

On Sunday, we got the Tank Slapper on and today I shaved the stock seat that I bought from Johnnylane. (Thanks Ty)
By installing the lowering link & shaving the seat, my heel is now only 1 3/4" from the ground! :woot:

Rebuild 98% done

My 06 with Abarth scheme finally finished, taken about 9 months, most of it recovering from a big off i had in october last year, only a few minor things to add

My 06 with Abarth scheme finally finished, taken about 9 months, most of it recovering from a big off i had in october last year, only a few minor things to add

Looks bad ass. Rims are awesome! I would like to see a close up of those!

P.S. Had my usual 50 mile Friday ride to work today. Nice in the morn. Hot as a witches teet on the way home.

looks bad ass. Rims are awesome! I would like to see a close up of those!

P.s. Had my usual 50 mile friday ride to work today. Nice in the morn. Hot as a witches teet on the way home.

hope you like, took me a long time to polish these by hand, never again, was all good in the end

Finally Got It Done

Installed a Yoshimura Ti TRC slip on today. Didn't gut the cat, still trying to decide on that one. Any thoughts about the cat???? The weight difference itself was worth the price, but the looks and sound just make it all that!! kh

On Sunday, we got the Tank Slapper on and today I shaved the stock seat that I bought from Johnnylane. (Thanks Ty)
By installing the lowering link & shaving the seat, my heel is now only 1 3/4" from the ground! :woot:

Hey Brenda,

Just exactly how does one shave the seat? Like I told you earlier, my girlfriends SV650 may need the same treatment.

Ty

Hey Brenda,

Just exactly how does one shave the seat? Like I told you earlier, my girlfriends SV650 may need the same treatment.

Ty

Well, first, remove the cover staples with a little flathead screwdriver, carefully seperate the foam from the pan, shave the underside of the foam (I used a hacksaw blade) to desired height, and staple cover back on. I found this YouTube video, he makes it look a bit more complicated than it really is, but it'll give you a idea.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkgMh5hPz44]YouTube - how to shave motorcycle seat[/ame]

Wife and I took off on both Fizzers today and headed to the North Shore on MA. We went to Rockport for the day and had a great time. I wandered around in my Oldschool blue FZ1-Forum shirt all day to advertise the site. :tup: We had an absolutely beautiful weather day and a perfect ride out there and back on all back roads. I have to go back with the car tomorrow to pick up some painting we bought and couldn't carry home on either bike. :eek: ;) And we didn't bring a camera.... :rant:

My BFF and I rode out to Canton trade days yesterday, spent the day looking at stuff, antiques, etc. It GOT HOT though, it was 103 on the way home. More an more I'm thinking about getting some kind of gel seat. Has anyone tried that site that you can have the cover custom made (colorwise) and get a gel pad with it? They look pretty cool.

Took a nice ride in the rain with my bald BT003's. Got my bike totally filthy, then rode straight to the carwash for a tubs 'cause the rain had stopped. Popped in to hire a DVD on the way home, and because I couldn't make up my mind, I got caught in the rain again....lol...straight back to the carwash:doh2:.

R&G Case Sliders

Installed my R&G case sliders today. Got a good deal on them on eBay's UK site ;) If you want to buy new ones go here. Fit and finish were very good and installation took all of two minutes. Remove the four stock bolts and install case sliders using the longer bolts which are supplied. Couldn't be any easier! Up next are front and rear axle sliders. Those should be in next week :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Left side:
attachment.php

Right side:
attachment.php

Well I went for a short ride this morning to get a photo in front of my gym.

I will be heading to a motorcycle meet & greet here shortly. I will make sure to post photos.

3675d1280678161-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-wr_bike_night1_web2.jpg

Well I went for a short ride this morning to get a photo in front of my gym.

I will be heading to a motorcycle meet & greet here shortly. I will make sure to post photos.

3675d1280678161-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-wr_bike_night1_web2.jpg

So apparently this was their first bike party. There was not a very good turn out. Hopefully it will get better as it is pretty close to home.

My wife was already at the mall near by so she met me there for lunch. I stayed from about noon to 2:00 PM. Man I need more close friends that ride. Stuff like this would be so much more fun.

Still a great excuse to ride for a bit. ....and a bit is all I could handle in this heat.

Installed my R&G case sliders today. Got a good deal on them on eBay's UK site ;) If you want to buy new ones go here. Fit and finish were very good and installation took all of two minutes. Remove the four stock bolts and install case sliders using the longer bolts which are supplied. Couldn't be any easier! Up next are front and rear axle sliders. Those should be in next week :D

Had these on mine for a while, good bit of kit and also quite discreet !!
Also got the full R&G CP kit from top to toe, but just a mention for you, the rear spindle sliders hace a tendancy to vibrate loose !! gone through 2 sets on mine and gave up so just got the paddock bobbion cotten reels now. Fronts are fine though.

Seth

Also got the full R&G CP kit from top to toe, but just a mention for you, the rear spindle sliders hace a tendancy to vibrate loose !! gone through 2 sets on mine and gave up so just got the paddock bobbion cotten reels now. Fronts are fine though.

Seth

I avoided that problem with lots of blue locktight on one end, and just a bit on the other (I want to be able to get it off).

Seth

Thanks for the heads up Seth. I didn't go with the R&G axle sliders. For the front I decided to take a chance with some cheap ones made in HK and for the rears I went with the Driven axle blocks with built in sliders in black. They should be here sometime next week (I hope).

Here's a pic of the rear ones:
attachment.php

Back