ZX10 forks on FZ1

Anyone tried this? I can get a set of forks for $100 they need a rebuild but that's easy enough. They are the same diameter and length. They are obviously a better choice than fz forks.
I didn't rip my fz apart yet but it looks like the axle is the same size. I'd have to get zx10 brake calipers and see if they'd fit on the fz rim and rotors. Only other problem is mounting the front fender because the the zx bolts are wider than the fz, but I can hack the tabs down and weld em back on.
It honestly sounds like more work that I think it really is. I don't think it's much more than putting on R1 forks.

what year zx10r forks? gen 1 tenner brakes are garbage, however the forks are sprung heavy and you only need to do valving on them to make em awesome. r1 forks would be far easier though

They are off an 04. I've read brakes are junk but you can upgrade to 08+ brakes with no issues. It's more a matter of cost vs. difficulty and I have the 10 forks in the garage.

They are off an 04. I've read brakes are junk but you can upgrade to 08+ brakes with no issues. It's more a matter of cost vs. difficulty and I have the 10 forks in the garage.

having used an 04 zx10r as a track bike for a few years i can tell you certain things they need to actually be an improvement over your fz1 set up. racetech gold valving, front and rear, springs are fine for up to 225 ish pound rider, for brakes you can use 08+ zx6r or zx14 calipers, but, thats for track ish riding, if you get a proper brembo master cylinder (16x18, 19x18, 19x20) with braided ss brake lines, the stock calipers will be fine with upgraded pads, ebc HH, db hh, carbon lorraines, vesrah rjl's etc, and with that you want have fade issues until you've hit a few hours of riding hard braking roads at high speeds which almost no one does, ever.

Back