Hey fellow FZ1 riders! I am new to this forum. I have recently acquired a 2009 Yamaha FZ1 and am loving it. I have done the naked conversion to the bike and I love the way it looks. I am considering purchasing the yamaha brand flyscreen for the bike. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one and could comment on the functionality of it. If anyone had any pics of the flyscreen on their bike I would like to see those. I am especially wondering about how high the screen rises above the instrument cluster. The only pic I could find is the one here, from the Yamaha website. Much thanks.

Hey fellow FZ1 riders! I am new to this forum. I have recently acquired a 2009 Yamaha FZ1 and am loving it. I have done the naked conversion to the bike and I love the way it looks. I am considering purchasing the yamaha brand flyscreen for the bike. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one and could comment on the functionality of it. If anyone had any pics of the flyscreen on their bike I would like to see those. I am especially wondering about how high the screen rises above the instrument cluster. The only pic I could find is the one here, from the Yamaha website. Much thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

I have one on my FZ1N and while it looks great it does sweet fa in the wind protection department.

Here is a pic:

FZ13-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everyone. I am still debating whether to make the purchase or not. It looks like the Yamaha brand screen only covers an inch or two above the gauges, is that correct? I think that might work for me because I would like to retain the cosmetic appeal of the naked bike. Is the wind deflection bouncing up from this screen very noticeable? If anyone has any pics from the rider perspective that would be awesome.

Thanks for the info everyone. I am still debating whether to make the purchase or not. It looks like the Yamaha brand screen only covers an inch or two above the gauges, is that correct? I think that might work for me because I would like to retain the cosmetic appeal of the naked bike. Is the wind deflection bouncing up from this screen very noticeable? If anyone has any pics from the rider perspective that would be awesome.

The wind deflection is fairly similar to stock.
I have toured on the bike and it was ok.

Here's another pic:

DSC00420.jpg

thanks for the pic ballmead. I think that will look great on my bike. It's too bad I can only order it from overseas. The cheapest I found was 100 pounds at the UK yamaha site.

Back