Would I be crazy....

Last photos of the VFR as I dropped it of for consignment along with the accessory list that will make someone proud. Not feeling sick like I did with the FZ1. ;)

Components on 2006 VFR 800:
• Ohlins Rear Shock
• Race Tech Forks
• Scotts Steering Dampener
• Steel Braided Brake Lines
• Delkevic headers and Leo Vince Carbon Slip-ons
• PCV with Auto Tune
• Sargent Seat
• Zero Gravity Touring Windscreen
• Honda OEM Rear Cowl
• Honda OEM Hard Case Saddle Bags
• Helibars
• Pazzo Levers
• Heated Grips
• Powerlet Outlet
• Techmount Radar/GPS Mount
• PIAA High & Low Beam Bulbs
• Tech Spec Tank Pads
• Fully serviced and valves adjusted 2000 miles ago. Oil Change less than 200 miles ago.

Last edited:
The one thing I really will miss about the VFR is that ferocious growl coming from the exhaust. I have not heard a bike yet that emits a more appealing sounds to me. ....especially when VTEC kicks in.

Last edited:
Every iteration of VFR sounds absolutely fantastic. One of the best sounding bikes ever. My friend's 86 has an original Yoshimura full exhaust and it is intoxicating.

Which brings me to Erci's question about how long a higher end exhaust would last vs the Delkevic: longer than 12,000 miles ;) This Yoshimura system has been on the bike for maybe twenty years and 60,000 miles. It's taken some big hits, too

Sunday

I'll be in my garage detailing my bike parts (not really a bike at the moment) waiting to hear a report on how you like it, with pictures of course,right??

Just ordered some black Wolfman dry saddle bags for the Tiger. My wife is getting me the luggage rack that goes with them for my birthday. ;) I want to get the rack for the DRZ also so I can use them on both bikes.

Motorcycle Luggage & Bags by Wolfman: Expedition Dry Saddle Bags

15849d1378432830-would-i-crazy-ex505_expedition_dry_saddlebags_c_enlg1_89.jpg

Wolfman Expedition Dry Bag Review at RevZilla.com - YouTube

I am not a big fan of the big aluminum boxes. We will see if I change my mind after a while.

Last edited:
I agree Brad, I can't stand the big boxes. I like the bags you've found.

Have you looked into SW Motech gear? Them make some top notch gear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Have you looked into SW Motech gear? Them make some top notch gear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I have but I think they are a bit to over proud of their stuff.

I have read on ADVRider that the engine and radiator guards from SWMotec are not very good and when going down with any forward momentum the way it is mounted it will poke right through the upper engine casing. ....exactly what it is supposed to protect.

They do have a few other bits I want for the tiger including brake fluid reservoir guards, rear shock protector and some heel guards.

I always like the VFR. I was a hair close to get one when I bought my 6R. Brand new 25th anniversary was sitting on the floor. It all came down to sticker price...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I too looked at them. But, after riding my friends, I decided that I prefered an inline 4's power.
Plus, hopping up the power is difficult and expensive with really few options compared to an I4.
Im glad that I didnt. When Honda had to have a fire sale on the leftovers, I would've been pissed knowing that I paid way more.

Just ordered some black Wolfman dry saddle bags for the Tiger. My wife is getting me the luggage rack that goes with them for my birthday. ;) I want to get the rack for the DRZ also so I can use them on both bikes.

Motorcycle Luggage & Bags by Wolfman: Expedition Dry Saddle Bags

15849d1378432830-would-i-crazy-ex505_expedition_dry_saddlebags_c_enlg1_89.jpg

Wolfman Expedition Dry Bag Review at RevZilla.com - YouTube

I am not a big fan of the big aluminum boxes. We will see if I change my mind after a while.

My friend Ian that did the trip this year with me (DRZ400) has those in Yellow. Very nice, very durable bags. The only problem is getting in and out of them With my big clunky (plastic) cases I was packed up (ready to go) and having coffee each morning, watching him pack stuff into them, and do all the straps up. That is the only disadvantage. Much more time consuming when on a trip. They are very waterproof and stand up well to crashes, and most importantly; usually won't hurt your leg in a crash, unlike aluminum (leg breakers) will.

Last edited:
Back