Where to get parts?

Just heard from the paint shop, tank is painted. Signals are on their way, looking good to be riding by next weekend, just in time for the good weather. Getting very excited now. I have photos of the build, will post when I have a picture of the bike complete.

Seems like forever. The paint was really the long part. The bike has been sitting at the dealership on pause for 3 weeks! The weather has been really crappy, so I'm not too choked, but I am more than ready to get my bike now.

What was the cost of the N kit from your dealer? I have been thinking of doing this on my bike and am curious what it would cost here as opposed to having to deal with shipping and duties.

Thanks.

At the end of the day, it ended up costing around $700. It was worth the extra $$ for me though, because the dealer installed all the parts pre-delivery. Labour more than made up for the extra cost of parts. I got a parts list from FZ1OA and gave it to the dealership when I ordered the bike, so the exact cost is a bit blurry to me; it all rolled in to the price of the bike.

BTW, the bike looks great (almost) finished. I started a new thread after I got the bike, because "Where To Get Parts?" just isn't descriptive enough. If you want to see the bike in street trim (and more pics as I add my Yoshi pipe and some other odds and ends) check out "Man Rides Yamaha, Gets Perpetual Grin On Face".
I would recommend the N mod to anyone thinking about it. I love the look of my bike and actually find it nicer to ride in some ways than my FZ6R with a fairing. My helmet get buffeted a lot less on the FZ1 and I find my ears aren't ringing after a long ride from the wind noise. The wind blast is a bit harder, but I find once it gets completely unmanageable it's because you are going too fast, not because of lack of fairing. I think I'd just get in trouble if I could duck out of the wind at higher speeds.

Back