Where to get parts?

Well, it looks like I'm taking the plunge. I have found a decent deal on a brand new 2009 FZ1 to trade my FZ6R on and should be starting my conversion in time to ride in the spring. I have been looking a bit for mirrors and levers, and the prices are terrifying. Any good places to start looking for parts? I want small, clean looking mirrors, and I want new levers because I'm blacking the bike out and it seems like it will cost as much to powdercoat the stockers as to buy some cool aluminum levers. Any help is appreciated. I want to make an FZ1N that is simple and clean, not flashy at all, but still manages to turn every head it passes. I'll keep the pics coming through the whole process.

Definitely want the OEM headlight. As for the rest, I want to go to a smaller lower mirror than the one from Yamaha. I want the bike to look almost stock, you know? I want it to be a bike that you have to look carefully to realize that a lot of work has been done, just plain at a glance. Thanks for the link. Hours of online shopping ahead. Also, HBD!

Last edited:
Update: Put down my deposit today on a 2009 FZ1. Dealer will be powdercoating the rims black before I pick it up, and then off to my buddy's shop for disassembly, paint and powdercoat, headlight kit, and back together in time for spring. Will post updates and pics as they come. (This is so exciting!!!)

Call Nick at The Bike Shop Faversham, tell him what you want and mention me - Gareth - I am the Bike Sales Manager at the shop ( Yamaha Premier Exclusive - if that means anything to ya ! ) he will offer you the best UK price possible on any genuine Yamaha UK part & mail/ship at cost, He also supplies 99% of aftermarket bits as well, hope this helps.

Oh you want Nick's number - 01795 532365

This offer extends to any FZ1 Forum member by the way !

Bad news: The deal fell through on the 2009 FZ1. I can't really afford a 2010 or '11, so I guess I'll have to wait for a career change before I get to do this build.

No!

I'm sorry guy! I was just ready to suggest you how change some parts, improving the performnce without change the stock image. When I started customized my Fz1 the first objective was:dont touch the original image!
I hope you find onother like these one but if you are interest,my honey is for sale:-( I'm going to live in brazil and here is impossible import any second hand veicles.. My baby is in Italy but is better than new,because I'm a maniac and I love her(her sale is one of the harder things did in my life..)

Sorry it is not in the works for you. Keep looking though as there are many great deals on used and leftovers all over. Norm got his "new" zero mile '08 leftover for nearly half the cost of a new bike... the dealer had it for 3 years and couldn't sell it. He just wanted it gone.

There will be plenty of nice, clean, used bikes on the market in a couple of months. Buy a used bike and you'll have money left over for mods.

Thats right. There are plenty of guys like me who keep there bikes so clean that you would be hard pressed to get one from the showroom as nice.:eek:

Well, after some delays, it's a go! Sadly, not a very exciting process to read about, as I decided to go the easy way. I ordered an FZ1 and all the parts required for the conversion from my local Yamaha dealer. Parts are in and bike is coming. When everything is there the dealership is going to put it together in N trim and all I have to do is pick it up. No the most ambitious way to do it, but I like the idea of a dealer-delivered bike. All genuine Yamaha parts installed by Yamaha trained techs. And I will have a very rare bird indeed; any other riders out there in Canada that can show a picture of an FZ1N with 00000 on the odometer? The dealership is pretty excited about this deal as well. They might be the first dealership in Canada to deliver an FZ1N.

Good idea to get a FZ1N direct from the dealer. But I might be a little bit biased

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Headilight, etc... is at the dealership, bike is on backorder, hopefully arriving soon. FE, signals, and mirrors are on order. Getting quotes on paintjobs as we speak. Starting to get really excited now. There's a show and shine on the May long weekend, hopefully it's all set to display.

Headilight, etc... is at the dealership, bike is on backorder, hopefully arriving soon. FE, signals, and mirrors are on order. Getting quotes on paintjobs as we speak. Starting to get really excited now. There's a show and shine on the May long weekend, hopefully it's all set to display.

Yes...and keep the updates coming. Can't wait to see some pictures of your new baby, once you get her into your clammy hands!

Bike is at the dealership! I just had a look at it in the crate. Looks very cool. Going to start pulling parts and customising ASAP. Just waiting on my signals and a quote on the paint job. More to come...

Sweet! I'd never seen one in the crate. There's a little bit more to final assembly than I'd originally thought but still not bad. Of course, for you, there's a dis-assembly first THEN the N assembly! Congrats again!

Back