What the heck! Why wait?

Just got the PCIII installed today and mapped for my intake mods and exhaust. All I can say is "Wow!" It really is transformed. I never imagined it could feel so much better. I am very happy.

So today I decided to hook my laptop up to the PCIII USB and had a hell of a time. All I wanted to do was save the map so that I could inspect it offline. I could not get the PCIII software to connect.

Low and behold I have a PCV. I don't know why I thought my local shop ordered me a PCIII. Anyway, I downloaded the PCV software and got connected and got my map.

What is the big advantage of a PCV over a PCIII?

What is the big advantage of a PCV over a PCIII?

Smaller size and probably better technology as well as accessories such as the Autotune. The biggest difference as far as the maps in that the PC V has a table for 15% throttle opening, while the PC III just went from 10% to 20%. Not sure how much of a difference this really makes, but in theory it should allow for a smother map. The one drawback is that the Ignition module is not yet available for the PC V (well I think only for the H-D ones, but that doesn't help us).

Putting PJ to the test

Well I did some (lots)checking around and finally ordered my MIVV GP, carbon fiber from PJ's. Came into (worked hard for) a bit of cash from polishing the aluminum on a big truck so the guy could sell it. It was lung busting, back breaking labour but earned enough to pay for the pipe. Cost me a couple of weekends of lousy weather and a year or two off my life. Now I will see if PJ is all he's cracked up to be!:unworthy:

And Yes, my original plan was to get the Suono but the more that I saw and heard the GP, I came around to liking the slightly smaller size and look of the GP.
I have another polishing project, (Truck) that should finance the header(Holeshot) and PCIII etc. Should have all my parts before riding weather comes along.:flash:

Last edited:
I'll soon have a new "to me" MIVV CF (from his lowside earlier this year with slightly blemished can (hardly) and all new mid/straps/hardware) as well as fork stand and rear stand...

PJ/Paige have been FANTASTIC to deal with on all the trick bits and what not I've purchased through them....

Well I did some (lots)checking around and finally ordered my MIVV GP, carbon fiber from PJ's. Came into (worked hard for) a bit of cash from polishing the aluminum on a big truck so the guy could sell it. It was lung busting, back breaking labour but earned enough to pay for the pipe. Cost me a couple of weekends of lousy weather and a year or two off my life. Now I will see if PJ is all he's cracked up to be!:unworthy:

And Yes, my original plan was to get the Suono but the more that I saw and heard the GP, I came around to liking the slightly smaller size and look of the GP.
I have another polishing project, (Truck) that should finance the header(Holeshot) and PCIII etc. Should have all my parts before riding weather comes along.:flash:

Wow sounds like your bike is going to look even better than it does now that's for sure :D That Dale Walker header is a work of art and I am sure the fit, finish and performance will be top notch. Keep us posted on your progress and some pictures would hurt to get us through the rest of this winter ;)

She's a beauty

Wow sounds like your bike is going to look even better than it does now that's for sure :D That Dale Walker header is a work of art and I am sure the fit, finish and performance will be top notch. Keep us posted on your progress and some pictures would hurt to get us through the rest of this winter ;)

The Holeshot header is a thing of beauty for sure. I first saw it by shear chance on some family's motorcycle-tour website. They had stopped at his shop and were given the tour.

As soon as the MIVV gets here I will post some pictures of it and the install (when it is warm enough to do it). Your winter will be over long before mine though ! :cloud9:

ARGH Customs

I checked my tracking number on the shipping slip, and my order (pipe) is still sitting in Customs. Since the 8th, which is irritating, you have to love government employees. I'll bet moss grows on them.:retard:

Touch Down

Well I checked my tracking Number first thing this morning and it showed my MIVV had cleared Customs on the 12th at 5:17 pm. It got to the office at lunch time today.:party0011: It is a thing of beauty ! I will post pics of the unit when I get it home. I ordered a T-shirt from PJ's as well and it came in a rather unique package, did not realise what it was at first. It was compressed into a disk the size of a small roll of duct tape, when I opened it the shirt had a bizzare wrinkle texture that should come out after the first wash. I hope.
The government of Canada had to have there pound of flesh to, It came G.S.T. collect. (Gouge and Screw Tax) for the non-Canadian Members.

Pics to come tonight.... with a little plug for PJ. Thanks PJ it was well packed and arrived unscathed !
allthegoodies.jpg

All the goodies.
mivvmidpipe.jpg

Test fit of the mid pipe.
CFGP.jpg

The feather weight can.
midpipe.jpg

The wierd shaped midpipe topside, it does have a centerstand stop.

Last edited:
Wrinkles

The shipment came and all in one piece, so to speak.

The T-shirt a bit wrinkled...... This could be a challenge for the fabric softener.:jaw drop:

Lee that MIVV looks very nice :drools: You can just tell from looking at it that it's well made. Everyone that has that pipe raves about it so I'm sure you'll be pleased.

As for the t-shirt a little wash and dry and it should be good to go. I remember I got one packed similarly a few years ago and it turned out fine ;)

Last edited:
maybe you can unravel the mystery of the the two coke cans on the midpipe are for....

I had the luxury of throwing on the CF can for the Gen I last night....going to keep the present titanium setup up.....not that it was any different performance wise, just overall curb appeal to my eye....

How may days until freedom Lee?

Your guess...

maybe you can unravel the mystery of the the two coke cans on the midpipe are for....

I had the luxury of throwing on the CF can for the Gen I last night....going to keep the present titanium setup up.....not that it was any different performance wise, just overall curb appeal to my eye....

How may days until freedom Lee?

Like Tony said I believe it has to do with the volume and resonance. It is strange though but I did expect that from seeing other pictures of the mid pipe. What I wonder is if I can polish the midpipe? I am pretty sure that it is Titanium and am not familiar with polishing that metal.

As to days until freedom, it is snowing out my window as I type this, expecting another couple of inches of the white plague through the day. Oh and by the way I'm having barbequed ground hog tonight ! He'll never see another shadow I promise.:laugh2:

Back