What the heck! Why wait?

Thing weighs a freaking ton!

You're not kidding! And if you had done the whole exahust the weight loss would have been even greater ;)

That's what I heard. I figure when I replace mine it will more than offset the weight that I added with my hard bags, ( about 9 lbs.). I really want the MIVV Suono titainium and a Holeshot header. That way I can save all the stock parts and not worry about screwing with the cat. If the oil patch ever picks up and bonus time comes again it will get done fast. The next Mod will be a K&N filter. All the rest will get done at the same time so it can be tuned properly and Dynoed.

That's a nice setup that you're thinking about, but a little pricey. For the money the full Yoshimura exhaust can't be beat and you have your choice of ss, titanium or cf for the muffler. I may be a little biased, but I am just saying...

Just got the PCIII installed today and mapped for my intake mods and exhaust. All I can say is "Wow!" It really is transformed. I never imagined it could feel so much better. I am very happy.

The only thing i notice is that at idle it kind of revs up and down a few hiundred rps. I am not sure what that is. Once it really warms up it seems to not be so noticable.

It was a raining nasty day today so I did not really get a chance to open her up but tommorrow looks to be a nice day close to 70 degrees and clear skys.

Last edited:
My bike does the same thing at idle, but not consistently. I have really not played with the 0% fuel settings, but have heard that that may help. For now I turned the idle up a bit so that it's not as annoying.

The only thing I notice is that at idle it kind of revs up and down a few hundred rpms.

Taking the bike in tomorrow morning to sync the throttle bodies. They said they can do this for $90. Driving me nuts at stop lights. :)

After that I get a few hundred miles in to really see how all the new doodads work.

just noticed on you rider resume post....but is there black on the gas tank with the front cowl....or is that my eyes not fully operational this am?

can't post ? there, Eric would have my hide.....j/k...

just noticed on you rider resume post....but is there black on the gas tank with the front cowl....or is that my eyes not fully operational this am?

can't post ? there, Eric would have my hide.....j/k...

Your eyes do not deceive you. The 09 granite gray has a gray tank with black tank cowl/cover (what the hell are they called anyway.) Here is the best cropped shot I could find to illustrate.

P.S. got my throttle bodies all synced this morning. It sounds great now. It hunts up and down a bit for a few seconds while the warm up circuit is active but totally normal at idle after warmup.

Your eyes do not deceive you. The 09 granite gray has a gray tank with black tank cowl/cover (what the hell are they called anyway.) Here is the best cropped shot I could find to illustrate.

P.S. got my throttle bodies all synced this morning. It sounds great now. It hunts up and down a bit for a few seconds while the warm up circuit is active but totally normal at idle after warmup.

Tank cover looks good. Glad to hear that it idles better now. I guess I will sync my throttle bodies come Spring time.

As of this point on, I want all the members south and west of the Mississippi, to cease and desist with all the riding!!!! It's Just Not Fair!!!! It's friggin 16 degrees here today. I can't take this crap much longer.:rant:

Those who call the 07 grey might be colorblind. To me it's green-ish

Well, the official color name is granite gray BUT, you are also correct because it goes have a greenish hue blended into it. This is much like a particular granite out there from somewhere in Europe. :cheers:

So Brad... has it been pro-tuned yet? Do you have the dyno chart to post up?

Sounds GREAT!!!

Nope. I probably never will at almost $300 for a dyno run. All I can say is that it sounds and responds better than I ever could have imagined. I still have yet to take it North of town through the forest where I can really open her up. That will happen soon enough. Once I do I will take a look at my current map and maybe, if necessary, make a few changes.

As of this point on, I want all the members south and west of the Mississippi, to cease and desist with all the riding!!!! It's Just Not Fair!!!! It's friggin 16 degrees here today. I can't take this crap much longer.:rant:

I have space in my garage for a few bikes and 2 guest rooms. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. :)

love it

I have the same mods to my 07, trc slip on, air box mod, k&n gutted the cat. I couldn't be more pleased with the response from the engine; it is 100% different at low rpm it actually has snap now. I was also amazed at the fuel economy difference; before I did my mods the bike was at best getting 170 km out of the tank on easy riding and now 240. lol of course when your pour it on she drinks it. I can’t wait to see what it’s like with the graves velocity stacks, Ivan flies and ignition commander is installed.....just waiting for the few feet of snow to leave sigh...

before I did my mods the bike was at best getting 170 km out of the tank on easy riding and now 240. l

wow, that's a big difference, I'm inclined to try some of those mods in that case. I'm not sure about gutting the cat in the collector, it might be useful at the yearly emissions inspection.

Last edited:
wow, that's a big difference, I'm inclined to try some of those mods in that case. I'm not sure about gutting the cat in the collector, it might be useful at the yearly emissions inspection.

Just leave the catalytic converter in the headers alone and swap out the stock muffler with an aftermarket slip-on of your choice. Come inspection time it's simple enough to bolt on the stock muffler back on so you can pass.

Back