What the heck! Why wait?

I decided what the hell! I went for it today and ordered my PCIII and a Yosh TRC slip-on. My favorite local shop, Motorcycles Unlimited, has a deal going on for 20% off both throughout November.

P.S. My wife was pissed so she just got a new Coach purse and wallet this afternoon. All is right in the world again.

I decided what the hell! I went for it today and ordered my PCIII and a Yosh TRC slip-on. My favorite local shop, Motorcycles Unlimited, has a deal going on for 20% off both throughout November.

P.S. My wife was pissed so she just got a new Coach purse and wallet this afternoon. All is right in the world again.
Very nice! I'm sure you will love the sound and power.I went two bros and there juicebox route as it worked well on my old fz6 and mainly I CAN'T DO POO ON COMPUTER:eek5: The hard part is now waiting for you fun to get shipped! And my wife did'nt want a purse but i did have to paint the upstairs Oh well we all have a price to pay.Enjoy the new cool upgrades.Ed

Brad now you're really going to like the bike after those upgrades. Oh and don't come back here telling us how the mileage sucks after the upgrades :D. It's all in the right had man ;)

Brad now you're really going to like the bike after those upgrades. Oh and don't come back here telling us how the mileage sucks after the upgrades :D. It's all in the right had man ;)

Ha! I am getting 37mpg right now on my work day commutes. Not so good on my aggressive rides through the forests north of Houston though. :)

Ha! I am getting 37mpg right now on my work day commutes. Not so good on my aggressive rides through the forests north of Houston though. :)

That's not bad for commuting. I got 27 mpg last week, commuting through town. Next week I'll take the freeway to work.
Oh, and how much does the mileage suck after changing to a Yoshi TRC ?

That's not bad for commuting. I got 27 mpg last week, commuting through town. Next week I'll take the freeway to work.

I meant that he'll be twisting the throttle more because he'll like the new found power and great sound ;) It was a joke about his mileage getting worse after he installs the Yosh TRC slip-on.

I meant that he'll be twisting the throttle more because he'll like the new found power and great sound ;) It was a joke about his mileage getting worse after he installs the Yosh TRC slip-on.

Funny thing is I really do not need more power right now. I just git the MOD bug real bad lately. I am sick!

Yea, I think we all suffer from that mod fever to some extent :) I love tinkering with my bike and I am always on the lookout for a new mod. Searching eBay can become quite addictive :D

That's the exact setup I have on my 08' FZ1. Sound and power are awesome. I also gutted the cat, tied the flies, and blocked off the ais hole on air box. Oh yea and did the Lars airbox mod and K&N air filter.
Don't forget to go over to the other fz1 forum and download dukes map pack, the link is in his signature. I think he posts on this forum also. I am currently running the Hybrid v. 3.o map works great.
Also with an 09' FZ1 you might want to go with the PCV instead of the PCIII as I heard it adjusts itself over time to match the mods you have. I have no experience with the PCV, as I don't think it was available for an 08' model.

That's the exact setup I have on my 08' FZ1. Sound and power are awesome. I also gutted the cat, tied the flies, and blocked off the ais hole on air box. Oh yea and did the Lars airbox mod and K&N air filter.
Don't forget to go over to the other fz1 forum and download dukes map pack, the link is in his signature. I think he posts on this forum also. I am currently running the Hybrid v. 3.o map works great.
Also with an 09' FZ1 you might want to go with the PCV instead of the PCIII as I heard it adjusts itself over time to match the mods you have. I have no experience with the PCV, as I don't think it was available for an 08' model.

PC III and PC V fit all '06-09 (and possibly '10) FZ1's. I know DynoJet only lists the PC V as fitting the '09 model, but that is not true and I speak from experience since I have an '06 and I'm running the PC V. As for it tuning itself I think you're confused. What does the self tuning is the additional Autotune module for the PC V. Other's have debated it's merits and why it's not the greatest tool to tune our bikes. I have it on mine and it works well enough ;)

As soon as the ice thaws out this AM I am heading up to get my Yosh TRC and PCIII installed. That's right! ICE in Houston! Crazy! Snowed all day yesterday. I have lived here just about my entire life and I have never seen it snow for an entire day. Once every 10 years we get a flurry for a few minutes but never all day.

I put a 50% down payment a few weeks ago to get the items ordered at 20% off. To lessen the blow to my wallet and accelerate my upgrade plans I sold two of my track day credits I aquired for doing corner work.

Last edited:
So I always see before and after photos of peoples bikes. I never see a shot of the old and new can side by side. Here are shots of the cans side by side and of the Yosh after install. My PCIII will not be installed until next Saturday.

So I always see before and after photos of peoples bikes. I never see a shot of the old and new can side by side. Here are shots of the cans side by side and of the Yosh after install. My PCIII will not be installed until next Saturday.

I gotta say Brad that the difference in looks is "night and day"! I myself, hate the look of the stock GenII pipe. I think its ugly with a capital "U"! The bike's lines flow much nicer with the Yosh. I bet it sounds friggin awesome. How about a sound snippet??

looks good

I'll bet there is a big weight difference between the cans, around 12 lbs I hear. The carbon is a great match with your bike's colour and other bits like the heel gaurds.

dieting

Thing weighs a freaking ton!

That's what I heard. I figure when I replace mine it will more than offset the weight that I added with my hard bags, ( about 9 lbs.). I really want the MIVV Suono titainium and a Holeshot header. That way I can save all the stock parts and not worry about screwing with the cat. If the oil patch ever picks up and bonus time comes again it will get done fast. The next Mod will be a K&N filter. All the rest will get done at the same time so it can be tuned properly and Dynoed.

Back