What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

I may be picking up a 2005 KTM 250sfx as my first pure dirt bike this week. Will post pictures if it works out. This one only has a few hours on a new Athena big bore(280cc) kit.

Oh no!

I may be picking up a 2005 KTM 250sfx as my first pure dirt bike this week. Will post pictures if it works out. This one only has a few hours on a new Athena big bore(280cc) kit.

Once you have tasted the Orange Kool-Aid there is no going back......:jaw drop:

Once you have tasted the Orange Kool-Aid there is no going back......:jaw drop:

Funny thing is I plan to be a rebel and get all black replacement plastics.

Peter, I am trying to make up for 25 years on 2 wheels and never dabbling in dirt during that time.

I am getting an itch for a sport bike again though. I may have 5 bikes in the garage before long.

Congrads Brad !! Thats a hell of a bike .
K ill
T hat
M other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the weekend I fitted a Puig screen, R&G tail tidy and some swing arm spools.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1125.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 76
New dog in the house. I should have gotten one years ago. I still have the traditional one, but this makes pulling fork legs a piece of cake.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420598343121.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420598343121.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 72
Hydraulic Clutch on 2005 KTM 250sfx

Yesterday I went to look at a 2005 KTM 250sfx I am thinking about buying. Even in the cold weather it started pretty easy. It was my first ever kick start of a motorcycle. I am proud!

Anyway, the only issue I could see with the bike was that it would die as soon as I put it in gear. I know nothing about the hydraulic clutch on this bike so I hope a few of you may be able to give me some advice.

Is this something that may cost me some money to fix? ....or is it a simple fix and likely the result of it sitting up for a while?

Thanks in advance!

Nope, would that maybe help break the plates lose?

It should. That's the issue I was having with the YZF after sitting all winter. Also with hydraulic clutch. I bump started it in first gear and the plates broke free and that was it. After that it was fine all season. It may or may not be the issue with the KTM but I would at least try it before plopping down money for it.

Back